Pastor for Worship & Young Adults (Part-Time)
Immanuel Leidy’s is an evangelical and reformed non-denominational church family which is passionately committed to Jesus Christ and his people. We exist to know Christ and to make him known across the world, and long to advance the gospel as we reach the lost, build the people of God, send workers into the harvest field, and support each of these goals. The Worship and Young Adults Pastor will be a critical part of our mission in serving through music and amongst young adults, as we seek to make disciple-making disciples for a lifetime of wholehearted sacrificial service.
The Pastor for Worship and Young Adults will be employed by Immanuel Leidy’s to work for around 20 hours a week, under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor who will act as his ministry and training coach for ministry formation. The ideal candidate will be a seminary placement, at a like-minded mission minded and reformed college. It will be a requirement that the successful candidate has a clear testimony of conversion, is theologically reformed, seeks to live in obedience to the Scriptures, seeks to live a life of godliness, has a deep and demonstrable love for the people of God, with a desire to grow and be trained in ministry, with a growing understanding of the current situation within culture, and to have an ability to teach, prepare, and train the congregation to live within an increasingly hostile environment. The breakdown of the role will be:
The part-time Pastor for Worship will:
- Lead the singing and praise team during the worship services.
- Oversee the praise team practice on Wednesday evening and Sunday morning.
- Be responsible to shepherd the praise team pastorally.
- Develop the music program towards excellence so as to edify the congregation in song.
- Assist the Senior Pastor, in his selection of gospel centered songs which teach and lead the congregation in Christ centered worship.
- Seek to introduce reformed Christ centered songs into the life of the church.
- Pursue musical excellence amongst the singers and musicians.
- Build the praise group with gifted musicians able to sing and play well.
- Recruit new volunteers for the praise group and train them in a Biblical theology of worship.
- Assist in teaching about music and in thinking strategically about marshalling music ministries to advance the gospel of the kingdom into the community.
- Take the music group on music training conferences such as Sovereign Grace.
- Liaise with Office Staff, A/V Technician, and Assistant Pastor to ensure the smooth running of Sunday morning technical logistics and the regular update of musical equipment from input to speaker.
- Work in collaboration with others in musical ministry such as the organist.
The part-time Pastor for Young Adults will:
- Provide pastoral care for young adults age 18-25.
- Oversee and encourage evangelism to this demographic, training young adults for the task.
- Lead the young adults Bible study at our new Wednesday Central.
- Invest in relationships to members of the congregation in this demographic.
- Train young adults in clear reformed theology as time and opportunities allow.
- Work with other leaders so as to build and develop the social aspects for this demographic.
The post will afford significant time to work with the Senior Pastor for ministry development and training as a pastor. There will be opportunities to discuss theology, and issues across the broad spectrum of ministry. The Pastor for Worship and Young Adults will, as part of his training, on occasion in the year be given the opportunity to preach, and to lead services, depending on gifting and experience, as discerned and directed by the Senior Pastor. In addition, this position is designed to work with a seminary schedule and will endeavor to fulfill practical experience requirements of any degree.
Start Date & Renumeration
The post will begin in September 2022, and will run for the duration of the time at the student’s seminary education. Renumeration will be commensurate with the age experience and training of the candidate.