- Prayer Meeting this Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. Join us as we pray for discernment, wisdom, and faithfulness throughout the coming school year.
- Sign up for Wednesday Central at leidyschurch.org/Wednesday. There we will come together learning more about Christ and building each other up in the faith. Wednesdays starting September 14. Meal at 5:45 p.m. Teaching starts at 6:30.
- Join us for Rally Day breakfast next Sunday at 8:45! Get Bibles, excellent food, fun, fellowship, meet teachers, enough said.
- Ladies, come and hear how the Lord is working in Puerto Rico. Emma Coale and Lorraine Reich will present at Ladies of Leidy’s this Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- New Precept Study on 1 Thessalonians begins Thursday at 9:00 in Room 118. Books cost $16.00. Contact Verna at 215-237-1370.
- Get Taking God at His Word the new book of the quarter. God’s Word reveals God, and we must trust it. The cost is $11.
- Guest services Sept. 18, 25, and Oct. 2. Bring family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers to hear the Gospel. Start thinking about who you can invite!
- Choir Time: the first choir practice is 5 at 8:00 p.m. in the Choir Room. Come and let us sing to the Lord building up the body of Christ.
- Grace Notes: Kids in grades 1-5 are invited to join the choir. The first practice is Wednesday Sept. 14 (5:00-5:45) right before iBLAST.
- Women of the church join for Sunday School in room 118. Starting Scripture Women 18.
- The Pa March For Life, Monday, Sept. 19th. A bus will be leaving from Leidy’s Church at 7:30am, return is around 4. Cost is $20 p/person. Seating is limited and time is short, call the church office sooner rather than later to make your reservations.
- Answers for Women Conference early bird booking ends Sept. 30. Conference (Mar. 30-Apr. 1) costs $119 plus travel and expenses. Sign up on sheet in narthex or in office.
- Youth Fellowship starts again 11 (6:30-8:30). Youth 6-12 grade are invited to come for fellowship, devotions, and encouragement.
- Hope Explored starts again on Monday Sept. 26th. Join us at the Broad Street Grind at 7:45 p.m. for a coffee and a conversation about hope in Christ.
- The flowers are placed by Bill and Miriam Weigner in thankfulness to God for all His blessings, and in celebration of the birth a new grandson, Paxon Eliot Tract on August 11th.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Discouragement happens. It happens even among new believers among the Erukula people in India. Therefore, let’s use Psalm 119:83 as our praying pointer this week. Though I have become like a wineskin in the smoke, I do not forget Your statutes. A wineskin left in a smoke becomes dry and brittle and of little use. As the Lord leads Erukula believers through the discipline of discouragement – that’s how Oswald Chambers expresses it – may they not forget all the things of the Lord they’ve learned from the Scriptures. And, we should pray they will emerge as stronger, wiser, and more confident believers as God blows the smoke away. We might pray in a similar fashion for Leidy’s Church folk and others you know who may be going through such a season.
- Pray for Tim Bentch as he leaves Sept. 6th for Lagos, Nigeria, where he will lead a Worship Leader Training. Global Disciples give thanks for the abundant fruit from the Directors’ Trainings and Programs that Leidy’s Church sponsored in 2021-22 in Niger and Chad. Last year, potential program directors traveled from Burkina Faso to Niger to be trained to lead Global Discipleship Programs. This year, the first Global Disciples Directors Training will take place in Burkina Faso on September 26. This will result in multiplication of training programs across Burkina Faso with many disciples trained and sent to share the good news of Jesus. Pray for Global Disciples staff in French speaking West Africa as they recruit and prepare for this new initiative “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?” Romans 10:13-14
Birthdays & Anniversaries
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Laurie Weiss 8th; Anna Kulp, Gerald Moyer 9th; Genevieve Steve 14th.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Arlin and Donna Moyer 12th; Sherman and Karen Focht 14th.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org