- Guest services – The last of our guest services happens next Sunday. Bring family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers to hear the Gospel. Keep thinking about who you can invite!
- Don’t miss out this Wednesday! Wednesday Central, the new midweek fellowship meal, study, and prayer time, has started. Come and learn about the gospel and how this word of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection give us hope in the world. The meal starts at 5:45. The study begins a 6:30. Please register online at leidyschurch.org/Wednesday.
- Who needs to hear the gospel? EVERYONE! Who are the people in your life who need to hear about Jesus. Bring them to our new Hope Explored class which starts September 26 at 7:45 at the Broad Street Grind. Join us for a conversation about the hope we have in Christ.
- God wins! We all know that God is sovereign but sometimes we forget that His purposes do not fail. This semester at iBlast, our elementary kids are looking at the God who wins and how He accomplishes His will in our life. Join us for a family meal at 5:45. The program starts at 6:30.
- Pastor Jeff Pike’s installation next Sunday at 6 p.m. Join us for this service on World Communion Sunday. The Lord’s Supper will be served with international cuisine to follow.
- Please continue to pray for the search committee for pastor to youth and children as they look to receive applications and interview candidates.
- An opportunity to be baptized on Sunday Oct. 9th. If you have not been baptized but would like to, please speak with one of the pastors.
- Calling all parents! Join us for a parenting conference at Leidy’s Church October 14 & 15. Bill Farley, author of Gospel Powered Parenting, will help us think about raising children and grandchildren.
- When Seasons Change – For women at any stage of widowhood. If you are in need of encouragement and fellowship, please join us September 27th in room 211 from 6:30-8pm.
- Seniors’ Fall Feast happens next Thursday, October 6th from 11:30 to 1:30 in the Fellowship Hall. Sign-up on the sheet in the narthex.
- The flowers are placed by Jean Frederick with thankfulness to God for His faithfulness and to her church family for their love and support this last year.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Spontaneous expressions of gratitude should be part of the normal Christian life. As we pray for the Erukula people in India who have come to faith in Christ over the past couple of years, we need to ask the Lord to help them give expression to how He has worked in and through their lives. Some Erukula folk have come to faith in just the past few weeks, while others are veterans of almost two years of faith. Psalm 119:108 is what we might pray those Erukula believers will experience: O accept the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord, And teach me Your ordinances. The very act of giving thoughtful, thankful, heartfelt praise engenders a desire to learn more of the Lord and His ways. As always, as we pray for the Lord’s work among the Erukula people, so we pray for the same work among us!
- Pray for the Directors’ Training course that begins in Mali tomorrow! Among the facilitators for the Training are leaders from Chad and Niger. This conference will train men in preparing others to share the gospel with unreached people groups. Hence, the attendees will go back to their respective home bases and train 10 to 15 men on how to reach out to the least-reached people in their country. Pray for good communication and for hearts and minds to be set aflame for sharing the Gospel and teaching others to do the same. That is to say, pray for the Holy Spirit to do a mighty work in each person at the conference: leaders, teachers, students, and folk who just happen to be hanging around! This conference sounds like something Pastor Tony would devise. Finally, brethren, pray for us that the word of the Lord will spread rapidly and be glorified, just as it did also with you; and that we will be rescued from perverse and evil men; for not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. [2 Thess. 3:1-3]
Birthdays & Anniversaries
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Ray Dettra, Bekah Kulp 29th; Vivian Martindell 30th; Marge VanOmmeren October 1st; Shannon Connor, John DiLenge, Jim Eakins 2nd; Laura Heebner, Kendall Musselman, John Niederhaus 3rd.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Tim and Rachel Leidy 29th; Dave and Allison Walbrandt 30th; Brody and Renee Keeth 3rd.
- THANK YOU for all the prayers and get well cards Bob received while in the hospital and at the Community of Rockhill. Thank you also for all the prayers, sympathy cards and other acts of kindness showed to me and our family after the passing of Bob. We are grateful for our friends at Leidy’s at this time of sorrow. Janice and Family
- OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD is underway. Empty shoeboxes are located in the narthex just below the Missionary Picture wall. Just pick up a box from the table, follow the directions on the info in the box, fill the box, and bring it back to church no later than November 6th. These boxes will find their way to children throughout the world and bring a special Christmas message about the love of God and the saving work of Jesus, the Babe of Bethlehem. See the October Newsletter for more details.
- UPDATE FROM eSWATINI will happen in the Issues and Answers class on October 9th. Mick and Cathy Sander, missionaries to eSwatini, will be with us and have a full update on what the Lord is doing in and through them. More pertinent information may be found in the October Newsletter. Make it a point to come to hear and see what the Sanders have to say.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org