- The Christian life is a life that is purchased by and belongs t Christ. come to Disciple Explored for four weeks starting 17 at 7:45 to learn how to find and follow Christ.
- If you are new and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- The Rummage Sale is this week! Mary Beth Musselman will be in the narthex to help you sign-up for a time slot to work anytime during the set-up, or during the actual sale, Wednesday and Thursday. We especially need help Thursday evening starting at 6:00 for pack-up.
- Prayer Cards – There are still many payer cards available. We want all of our children to be prayed for.
- We welcome Mick and Cathy Sander, missionaries to eSwatini. They will provide a full update on what the Lord is doing in and through them. They are the infamous snake-handlers mentioned in the October Newsletter! But, they have a lot more news than that. We look forward to hearing from them.
- Only 12 more weeks until Christmas and even less until the Leidy’s Church Christmas Bazaar! The bazaar will be held on Saturday, Nov. 19th from 9-2. If you’d like to reserve a table, see Donna Frueh or the church office A.S.A.P. Space is limited, so don’t
- Leidy’s Church will be transformed into the dramatic gospel presentation My Forever Home. This is our largest outreach event of the year so PLEASE invite friends, family and coworkers. Who will you invite? Tours begin at 6pm on Fridays and 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays Oct 21-23 & Oct 28-30. Call the office to reserve your spot.
- Do you enjoy the coffee and goodies after church? So do we…but we’d love to have some more folks to help us! If you’re interested, visit the welcome desk, speak to Jim Kinney, or email the church office to sign-up and find out more information!
- Are you creative or handy? Judgment House scenes are being built and designed and we need help. We are also looking for supplies for a hospital scene. Contact Brian Radcliff to see how you can help.
- Operation Christmas Child is underway. Empty shoeboxes are located throughout the church. Boxes are due back by 6th.
- PA Voter Guides are on the counter in the office. General Election happens on Tuesday, Nov. 8th.
- Gettysburg Express of interest to you? Check out the info on the announcement sheet in your mailbox and act accordingly.
- The flowers are placed by Bob and Jill Ott to the glory of God.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Love of God’s Word is a distinctive of Christian believers. While the day-to-day experience of Christian believers has its ups and downs, the attachment of the believer to the Word of God remains firm. Among the Erukula people in India, there are seasoned believers of almost three years all the way down to those who have believed the truth about Jesus just in the last couple of weeks. Also included are children and youth who were part of the VBS outreach a few weeks ago. Psalm 119:159 speaks of this love for the Word among believers. It’s a good prayer for the Erukula believers: Consider how I love Your precepts; Revive me, O Lord, according to Your lovingkindness. May they remind the Lord of their love for the Word and may His tender mercies encourage them.
- We praise God for the nineteen leaders who completed the Global Disciples Training in Mali this past Friday on Oct. 7th. We thank God especially for protecting the participants from Burkina Faso as they traveled to Mali. They were stopped by Jihadists but were not harmed even though cars that came after them were burned. Pray for them as they return to Burkina Faso to start trainings in their regions. Pray for continuing protection for all the leaders and their families (especially those from Chad and Niger), that their trust in the Lord will remain constant even when facing persecution and difficulties. Pray that the Gospel will continue to spread in all of northern Africa. “If you say, ‘The Lord is my refuge,’ and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. [Psalm 91:9-11]
THE GETTYSBERG EXPRESS is warming up its motor. There is a possibility it will go on the IRL (Injured Reserve List), but maybe not. If not, tours of the Gettysburg battlefield will be offered during October and November. One tour is the standard introductory tour that covers all three days of the battle. It’s a very good tour, an excellent introduction to the key battle of the Civil War. A focused tour for those who have done the intro tour also will be offered. It will focus on the actions of the Union Army’s Second Corps. Cost of each tour for each participant is $125. The profits will go to the SLMT fund. To register, contact the church office or John Niederhaus (215-720-0456/ firstname.lastname@example.org).
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD is underway. Empty shoeboxes are located in the narthex just below the Missionary Picture wall. Just pick up a box from the table, follow the directions on the info in the box, fill the box, and bring it back to church no later than November 6th. These boxes will find their way to children throughout the world and bring a special Christmas message about the love of God and the saving work of Jesus, the Babe of Bethlehem. See the October Newsletter for more details.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org