- The Christian life is a life that is purchased by and belongs to Christ. Come to Disciple Explored for four weeks starting tomorrow at 7:45 in Room 211 to learn how to find and follow Christ.
- If you are new and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- A great big “Thank You” to all who helped make this week’s Rummage Sale a success. We made $7,290 and more is coming in.
- Prayer Cards – There are still a few payer cards available. We want all of our children to be prayed for.
- Do you live in a high-traffic area? We only have a limited number of yard signs for our Craft Show on Nov. 19th . . . so we want them strategically placed! If you think you get a lot of foot/car traffic in your area . . . please stop in the church office for a sign! Thanks!
- Leidy’s Church will be transformed into the dramatic gospel presentation My Forever Home. This is our largest outreach event of the year so PLEASE invite friends, family, and coworkers. Who will you invite? Tours begin at 6pm on Fridays and 5pm on Saturdays and Sundays Oct 21-23 & Oct 28-30. Call the office to reserve your spot.
- Do you enjoy the coffee and goodies after church? So do we…but we’d love to have some more folks to help us! If you’re interested, visit the welcome desk, speak to Jim Kinney, or email the church office to sign-up and find out more information!
- Are you creative or handy? Judgment House scenes are being built and designed and we need help. We are also looking for supplies for a hospital scene. Contact Brian Radcliff to see how you can help.
- Operation Christmas Child Empty shoeboxes are located throughout the church. Boxes are due back by Nov. 6th.
- PA Voter Guides are on the counter in the office. General Election happens on Tuesday, Nov. 8th.
- Gettysburg Express of interest to you? Check out the info on the announcement sheet in your mailbox and act accordingly.
- Don’t let the Souderton parade “float” on by. We need your help as we seek to reach into the community on December 3rd. Please check the signup in the Narthex and online to help.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Here are a couple of unusual verses. For our Erukula prayer launch this week, we’ll use Psalm 119:69-70. Have you read them recently? Here they are: The arrogant have forged a lie against me; With all my heart I will observe Your precepts. Their heart is covered with fat, But I delight in Your law. Notice the accusations against the godly are forged lies. That is, they are completely made up. But the godly person will ignore them and continue to follow the Lord’s teaching. What does it mean that the arrogant have hearts covered with fat? That they are insensitive and incapable of receiving insight and direction from God’s Word. The godly, on the other hand, delight in the law of God. May the Erukula Christians and the Leidy’s Church Christians have sensitive hearts that delight in the law of God.
- There are Christians in Chad and Niger who are intentionally moving to areas where the gospel has never been heard. They are part of those trained by Global Disciples to do pioneer church planting. We need to pray for them and their families. May they take up the full armor of God so they are able to stand firm in the midst of all sorts of challenges, provocations, opportunities, and day-to-day living where they are the only Christians to be found. They (and we) need to remember their struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, and against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. We pray God will give them grace to speak the mystery of the gospel faithfully and clearly; and that the Holy Spirit would confirm the truth of their message by the work He does in the hearts of those with whom they speak. With all prayer and petition, pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints. [Ephesians. 6:18]
THE GETTYSBERG EXPRESS is warming up its motor. There is a possibility it will go on the IRL (Injured Reserve List), but maybe not. If not, tours of the Gettysburg battlefield will be offered during October and November. One tour is the standard introductory tour that covers all three days of the battle. It’s a very good tour, an excellent introduction to the key battle of the Civil War. A focused tour for those who have done the intro tour also will be offered. It will focus on the actions of the Union Army’s Second Corps. Cost of each tour for each participant is $125. The profits will go to the SLMT fund. To register, contact the church office or John Niederhaus (215-720-0456/ email@example.com).
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD is underway. Empty shoeboxes are located in the narthex just below the Missionary Picture wall. Just pick up a box from the table, follow the directions on the info in the box, fill the box, and bring it back to church no later than November 6th. These boxes will find their way to children throughout the world and bring a special Christmas message about the love of God and the saving work of Jesus, the Babe of Bethlehem. See the October Newsletter for more details.
THE MISSION COMMITTEE MEETS this Thursday at 7pm in the Conference Room. Important items to discuss/consider.
FOOD DONATIONS NEEDED for the Judgement House cast. Please use the tear off sheets provided on the Narthex wall and bring your marked donations to the kitchen by the date listed at the top of the sign up sheet. Thank you!
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org