- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- It’s coming . . . sooner than you think . . . the Annual Leidy’s Christmas Bazaar, 19th from 9-2. Stay away from that overpriced mall, grab a friend and your Christmas list and take care of all your shopping needs in one stop! Lunch and baked goods will be available. Shop early for best selection.
- The “Friends” Sunday School class is looking for people to be trained to become part the Special Needs Teaching Ministry. This class gives people with special needs the ability to learn God’s word, grow in their understanding of Christ, and be part of the church community. The teachers are dedicated to ensuring that this ministry will continue and expand by bringing new teachers in. Contact Gina Shoemaker at 215-353-6881 to learn more about this ministry opportunity.
- SLMT – PUERTO RICO has added an additional week or work for those who didn’t sign up in time to be included in the first week. It takes place Feb. 25—March 4. The signup sheet is on the narthex wall. Team meetings will begin to take place in a couple of weeks. Talk with Tony Kapusta or John Niederhaus for further details, or, read the article in the November Newsletter.
- We give thanks for our wonderful pastors! We’d love to show our gratitude for the many ways they bless us during the year . . . please feel free to join them and your fellow members for a lunch after church service next Sunday. All are welcome.
- A.S.I.S. invites you to a Christmas Brunch on Thursday, Dec. 1st from 11:00-1:00. R.S.V.P. via the signup on the narthex wall.
- Do you enjoy the coffee and goodies after church? So do we…but we’d love to have some more folks to help us! If you’re interested, visit the welcome desk, speak to Jim Kinney, or email the church office to sign-up and find out more information!
- Don’t let the Souderton parade “float” on by. We need your help as we seek to reach into the community on December 3rd. Please check the signup in the Narthex and online to help.
- Leidy’s Church is a polling place for two precincts. The Fellowship Hall and kitchen areas are reserved Monday beginning at 3 and ending on Tuesday evening. Please park farther away if you will be at church so that voters can have access to the closest parking spots.
- The chancel flowers are placed by Shaun and Meghann Permar in honor of their dear aunt, Patty Permar.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Another literacy course is being conducted among the Erukula people in India with 150 individuals taking the course. It requires them to be in class five nights a week for two hours each night. They learn to read and write, to do basic math operations, the importance of hygiene, ways of relating properly to others, the evils of drink and addictive substances, and much more. All this is done with class materials that consist of readings from the Bible, from Sunday School materials, and from good Christian books. Often it is a revealing course, revealing how far down they have sunk and how far up God wants to bring them. A good verse to pray for them is found in Psalm 119:25. My soul cleaves to the dust; Revive me according to Your word. That’s the prayer of a repentant sinner whose eyes are opened. May it be true for all 150 participants in the literacy course.
- The LEAD Directors Training in Chad ends tomorrow (Monday 11/7). Continue to pray for the participants. The training is designed to equip them to coach and mentor Church Planters. These Church Planters will minister in areas where tribal warfare and political unrest continue, so we need to pray for their current and future protection. Pray for those who instruct and those who are instructed to grow in intimacy with the Lord, that they will model humility and passion for the Gospel as they serve. And, let’s continue to pray for all those affected by the flooding that’s taking place. It has swallowed up more than 1.5 million acres of fields and some 19,000 head of livestock. The flooding is expected to continue until the end of the year. According to the United Nations, 5.5 million persons need emergency aid. All my bones will say, “Lord, who is like You, who delivers the afflicted from him who is too strong for him, and the afflicted and needy from him who robs him?”
- November 24: Thanksgiving Eve Service @ 7:00 p.m.
- November 27: Advent Workshop @4pm
- December 3: Souderton Christmas Parade
- December 4: Christmas Brass Concert @7:30pm
- December 11: Nine Lessons & Carols by Candlelight @6pm
- December 18: Christmas Concert @7:30pm
- December 24: Carols by Candlelight @6pm, Communion Service @11pm
- April 22, 2023: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org