- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- A.S.I.S. invites you to a Christmas Brunch this Thursday, Dec. 1st from 11:00-1:00. R.S.V.P. via the signup on the narthex wall.
- The Men’s Bible Study takes place each 1st and 3rd Friday morning of each month beginning at 5:30 am in the Youth Room and is facilitated by various leaders. The next one is scheduled for December 2nd. Yes, there is coffee. Most times there are donuts, too! If you have questions, speak with Jim Smedberg.
- Interested in a SLMT trip to Pikangikum this July? Such an outreach is under consideration by the Mission Committee. It will be a VBS outreach if it happens. Let the church office or Vangie Niederhaus or John Niederhaus know if this would be of interest to you. Nothing certain yet, but we must know if there are folk ready to go.
- SLMT-Puerto Rico Team Luncheon takes place after church next Sunday, Dec. 4th. Questions will be answered, work assignments distributed, support raising explained, and good food enjoyed. Families of those going are welcome and encouraged to come to the luncheon as well.
- The chancel flowers are placed to the glory of God by Glory Griffith.
- Advent workshop happens today at 4:00pm. Crafters please, be on time, crafts will start promptly! Don’t forget a dessert to share.
- Christmas Brass concert on December 4th at 7:30. Join us as we celebrate the coming of the King.
- Nine Lessons & Carols by Candlelight on December 11th at 6:00. Invite family and friends to come to this special musical and hear of the meaning of Christmas.
- Christmas Concert on December 18th at 7:30. Join us as we magnify the mighty work of God in redemption through the medium of song.
- Christmas Eve Services on December 24th at 6:00 and 11 p.m.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
Janie Inyang Tim Cressman Marj Talbot
Bonnie Doran Dianne Nase Janice Kulp
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- The basic truth most folk miss is that we’re fallen people. That has enormous consequences for all of life. Basically, it means we do not automatically see things God’s way, or, even see God at all. In that sense, we’re strangers in the earth. The Erukula people in India are no different in that respect that the rest of us. All of humanity needs to have eyes opened to see God’s work and to learn His commandments. This week as we pray for the Erukula, let’s use Psalm 119:19 as our base of operations. I am a stranger in the earth; Do not hide Your commandments from me. May the Erukula people recognize their estrangement from the one, true, living God, and seek His wisdom. While we’re at it, let’s pray the same thing for us!
- Niger has 38 people groups comprising a total population of 26,124,000 persons. Of that number, 25,654,000 persons are unreached, while a mere 1,200 persons are reached and identify as Christians. In Chad the story is a bit different as 141 people groups comprising the 17,720,000 total population has some 5,054,500 individuals who identify as Christians with the remaining 9,840,700 being unreached. In each country, Global Disciples is working with churches desiring to reach the unreached people groups. In each country, dangers are faced and persecution and death are realities. Yet the Holy Spirit raises up those who deeply desire to reach out with the light of the Gospel. We need to pray for Global Disciples efforts to train them how to reach out. We need to pray for protection, wisdom, and faith for those who are engaged in reaching out. And pray on my behalf, that utterance may be give to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the Gospel. (Eph. 6:19)
This Week at Leidy’s
4:00pm – Advent Workshop
4:00pm – Gym Resvd.
4:00pm – Rm. 111 Resvd.
6:30pm – Care Committee – Rm. 211
8:00am – Home School Classes
9:30pm – Gym Resvd.
10:00am – Memorial Service
2:00pm – Kitchen Resvd.
7:30pm – Sanctuary Resvd.
8:00am – Rummage Sorting
7:00pm – Chancel Choir Practice
8:30pm – Sanctuary Resvd.
9:00am – Precept Study
10:00am – Rm. 111 Resvd.
11:00am – O.A.S.I.S. Brunch
5:30am – Men’s Bible Study – Youth Room
7:00pm – Small Group
8:45am – Sunday School
10:00am – Worship Service
12:00pm – SLMT Puerto Rico Info Lunch
7:30pm – Christmas Brass Concert
- December 3: Souderton Christmas Parade
- December 4: Christmas Brass Concert @7:30pm
- December 11: Nine Lessons & Carols by Candlelight @6pm
- December 18: Christmas Concert @7:30pm
- December 24: Carols by Candlelight @6pm, Communion Service @11pm
- January 14: Congregational Dinner
- February 10: Night to Shine
- April 22, 2023: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org