WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Gary Filson, Ethel Greenawalt, Lorne Slack 25th; Janice Peterman 26th; Dorothy Kehs, Martha Wolgemuth 27th; Shirley Michalak, Bill Teate 30th; JoAnn Elliott December 1st.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Rod and Beth Harbon 26th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Pray to the God Who Hears. Lamentations has offered multitextured prayers and petitions to the Lord who holds all things in His hand. Here at the end of the book a pattern of destruction which is broken by a final plea to the Lord for restoration. Individually, fallen, sinful people desperately need to be restored to the Lord. Christ has completed that restoration and allows His people to come before the Father with exceeding joy.
COME, GIVE THANKS at our Thanksgiving Eve service this Wednesday evening. It begins at 7:00 and will include testimonies and songs. Begin your Thanksgiving celebration in worship with God’s people.
THE SACRAMENT of Holy Communion will be shared during the service of worship next Sunday. Come prepared to worship and receive.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Issues & Answers – Romans – Fellowship Hall
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Does God Exist? Focus on the Family – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- In this Thanksgiving week, let us give thanks for the 422 persons who completed the entire literacy program. Also, for the 248 students who asked the Lord Jesus to be their Savior. We can also thank the Lord for the 100% average increase in daily wages they have experienced. Now, the Church Planters are working in their midst to consolidate and add to what the Holy Spirit has done. For these new believers and for these Church Planters and for ourselves, let’s pray for the fulfillment of Psalm 119:30: I have chosen the faithful way, I have placed Your ordinances before me.
- Continue to pray for the LEAD Directors Training that wraps up this week in Niger. Those trained will train others in their respective locales in taking the gospel to unreached people. Among those to whom they may go are the Maba Magangi people in Chad with a population of 546,000. They are Islamic with almost no exposure to Christianity. They live mostly in the Ouaddai (said “Wad-dye”) region of Eastern Chad around the major market town of Abeche. Pray they will come to know ‘Issa’ (as Jesus is known in the Koran), that He is more than a prophet, and find salvation in Him. Pray that the Maba Magangi will become influential in reaching the ten other unreached people groups in their region.
A MONUMENTAL MOVE is on the horizon for Pastor Tony Jones and his family. The logistics and costs of moving from the UK to the USA are major indeed. To help alleviate the cost of this trans-Atlantic move, we are asking the congregation to make contributions to the Jones Moving Fund. Please place your donation in a Second Mile Envelope and designate it to the “Jones Moving Fund.”
SEASONS OF CHANGE is a ministry to women experiencing any level of widowhood. Please join us for Connection, Comfort, & Challenge this Tuesday from 6:30-8:30 in the sanctuary.
DOWN TO THE WIRE we go with our Gospel Gleanings project for this year. Everyone who is participating should have one envelope remaining. If you have more than one, use them! We are committed to giving $32,100 to Global Disciples to underwrite the equipping of believers in Chad and Niger to develop innovative and faithful ways to introduce the Gospel to unreached people groups in their countries. Thus far we have sent some $27,000 towards that cause. Praise be to God! That leaves some $5,000 to come-in-to-be-sent-out by the end of November/beginning of December. Thanks to all for your ongoing participation in giving and in prayer!
CHRISTMAS CAROLING takes place on December 12th. Included in today’s bulletin is a sign-up form to register for caroling. The completed form may be placed in the basket provided on the Welcome Desk. You may also use the form to make suggestions for persons or homes to put on our caroling list. Feel welcome to join in spreading Christmas cheer!
THE PENN VIEW BRASS BAND will again be performing at Leidy’s Church on Sunday, December 12th at 7:00 p.m. The British-style brass band will perform seasonal favorites, classics, popular tunes and well-known Christmas carols. The audience will be invited to sing along. Admission is free but a free-will offering will be taken.
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY to sign up for the Advent Workshop which happens next Sunday beginning at 4:00. Be sure to sign up for the craft you wish to make before the lines are filled. All attending are invited to share pizza and beverages afterwards. Please bring a dessert to share. If you’re not “crafty”, but don’t want to miss eating with your family and friends, sign up only for the meal. We need to know you’re joining us, so we know how many to expect. The crafts and pizza are free.
NEWSLETTER ARTICLES for the December Newsletter are due in the office by Monday. Thank you.