WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Samuel Murphy, Emma Smartt 18th; Sam Shafer 22nd; Beth Guntz, BJ Kulp 23rd; Jennifer Keeble, Christian Rau 24th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Don and Dianne Nase 18th; Herb and Martha Wolgemuth 19th; Ed and Cheryl Hall 20th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Agony, Horror, and Fear. When does the suffering end? Because of the fall of Adam into sin, we will know sin, suffering, and death until the Lord comes back or calls us home. Even with the knowledge that we will worship the Lord without sin, suffering, and death at some future time, God’s people often are desperate to avoid hurts and to be removed from pain as soon as possible. Often this leads to an unrealistic expectation of the world and to ungodly demands upon God.
TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY is the start of the Advent Season and as is our custom at Leidy’s Church we will be serving the Lord’s Supper. Come prepared to worship and receive.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Issues & Answers – Romans – Fellowship Hall
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Does God Exist? Focus on the Family – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School
DO YOU LIVE IN A HIGH-TRAFFIC AREA? We only have a few yard signs for our Craft Show…so we want them strategically placed! If you think you get a lot of foot/car traffic in your area…please stop in the church office for a sign! Thanks!
THE SUNDAY MORNING LADIES Sunday School class has begun to meet again. Verna Bowman and Lorraine Kroesser will facilitate the class which will work through Dr. David Jeremiah’s Overcomer series for the next six weeks. They will meet downstairs somewhere near Room 118. Just look for a sign on the door directing you where to go.
THE MISSIONS COMMITTEE meets this Wednesday evening at 7:00 in the Conference Room.
DOWN TO THE WIRE we go with our Gospel Gleanings project for this year. Everyone who is participating should have one envelope remaining. If you have more than one, use them! We are committed to giving $32,100 to Global Disciples to underwrite the equipping of believers in Chad and Niger to develop innovative and faithful ways to introduce the Gospel to unreached people groups in their countries. Thus far we have sent some $27,000 towards that cause. Praise be to God! That leaves some $5,000 to come-in-to-be-sent-out by the end of November/beginning of December. Thanks to all for your ongoing participation in giving and in prayer!
SEASONS OF CHANGE is a ministry to women experiencing any level of widowhood. Please join us for Connection, Comfort, & Challenge on Tuesday, November 23rd, from 6:30-8:30 in the sanctuary.
TO LEIDY’S CHURCH FAMILY
Thank you for the many cards, kind words and mostly the prayers that were lifted up for us at the passing of my mother. She had a rough few weeks at the end, but she is now out of pain and able to enjoy all the beautiful gardens. Again thank you to everyone.
Love to you all, Gerald & Sherry Moyer
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Gospel progress means displacing darkness. As the church planters work among the Erukula people, there will be those who resist their efforts, perhaps forcefully. As the Good News is declared there are those who will contest its truth, those who will insist on other “truths” superior to Gospel truth. Such instances always are trying times for those teaching the Gospel and those who are being drawn to the Gospel. Psalm 119:78 is a good prayer to pray for proclaimers and hearers who find themselves in such circumstances. Here’s what it says: May the arrogant be ashamed, for they subvert me with a lie, but I shall meditate on Your precepts. May neither the Erukula people nor we be intimidated by such opposition, but may they and us focus on God’s truth.
- Training is taking place in Niger, so let’s support this training in prayer. Seven leaders are being trained to mentor and coach church planters in Niger and in Central African Republic. This training is crucial as those receiving this training will return to their home are to train indigenous, pioneer missionaries. Those so trained will seek to plant churches among the least-reached or unreached people groups in their geographic region. Some specific prayers include: for David, the regional director who has tested positive for Covid and will only be able to join by zoom. Pray for Brian, the continental director, who travels to Niger to lead the training in David’s place.
IT’S COMING . . . SOONER than you think . . . the Annual Leidy’s Christmas Gift & Craft Sale takes place thisSaturday from 9-2. Take a break from Amazon shopping, grab a friend, your Christmas gift list, and take care of all your shopping needs in one stop! Lunch and baked goods will be available all day. Shop early for best selection.
THE ADVENT WORKSHOP is Sunday, November 28th. This is an event for the entire family to enjoy! Samples of the crafts are on the table outside the Fellowship Hall along with a sign-up sheet for each. Please consider teaching or assisting with the craft if no one has signed up to do so. If you have questions, speak with Shannon Kehs or anyone from Ladies of Leidy’s.
LEIDY’S BAKERS Don’t forget to bring your baked good for the craft show. Just bring it to the kitchen anytime Friday or before 9 a.m. Saturday. Please label it “craft show bake sale”. Thank you.
HELP WANTED! We have a few shifts open at this Saturday’s Craft Show. If you are a Ladies of Leidy’s member and haven’t signed up yet . . . please contact the church office. Even if you aren’t a member of Ladies of Leidy’s, we welcome the help! This is always a fun day . . . come and join us!
GOING ON PARADE – The Souderton Parade is almost here and we want to announce our presence in the community, but we need your help. We are gathering people young and old to join us in showing a nativity float complete with sheep and cows! The parade is December 4th. Please contact Sarah Nowling (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join in the fun.
A MONUMENTAL MOVE is on the horizon for Pastor Tony Jones and his family. The logistics and costs of moving from the UK to the USA are major indeed. To help alleviate the cost of this trans-Atlantic move, we are asking the congregation to make contributions to the Jones Moving Fund. Please place your donation in a Second Mile Envelope and designate it to the “Jones Moving Fund.”
PATTERNS OF PRAYER take place the first and third Saturdays of each month. We pray in the morning from 10 to 12 in Rm. 117. Participants are welcome to come and go as schedules permit/necessitate. This Saturday is the third Saturday of November, so we’ll be praying and you’re welcome to join as well. If you have any questions or suggestions for prayer, please speak with Patricia Martindell.
MEN’S BIBLE STUDY this Friday morning at 5:30 a.m. in the Youth Room. If you have any questions, see Dave Doran.
THANK YOU from Ron and Kathy Moyer for all prayers, concerns, thoughts, and cards they received in the past few weeks since Ron’s back problems and Kathy’s knee surgery.