WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sarah Kulp, Jacqui Shafer, Ruth Thompson 3rd; Elijah Smith 4th; John Greene, Jim Smedberg, John Vasey 6th; Rose Hicks 7th; John Caserta, Hazel Krier 8th; Tony Kapusta, Daytona Lepping 9th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Jack and Karen Parry 3rd; Nathan and Bekah Kulp 4th; Steve and Joy Myers 5th; Matt and Cathy Connor 7th; Stan and Judy Ott, Bob and Janice Peterman 8th; Dennis and Mary Ellen Gruver 9th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Grace Comes with Instruction. The Gospel is the power of God for salvation. It is the proclamation that the Lord Jesus has lived, died, and rose again on our behalf so that we might not bear our sins. While this great grace is unearned, it comes with instructions. These instructions are given in light of the new heart God gives His people and God’s people follow them by the power of His Spirit at work within them.
ISSUES & ANSWERS
Today What is Reformed Theology? – Dave Reich
June 6 Leidy’s Statement of Faith – Dave Reich
THE LEIDY’S CHURCH FAMILY wishes to come alongside Jerry and BJ Kulp while BJ is recuperating from hip replacement surgery by providing meals for a few weeks. There are three in the family, and no dietary restrictions. Thanks for helping out!
PATTERNS OF PRAYER take place the first and third Saturdays of each month. We pray in the morning from 10 to 12 in Room 117. Participants are welcome to come and go as schedules permit/necessitate. This Saturday is the first Saturday of June, so we’ll be praying and you’re welcome to join as well. If you have any questions or suggestions for prayer, please speak with Patricia Martindell.
SLMT SIGN-UP SHEETS ARE UP. We have several sign-up sheets. They are:
- For Work Week July 12-16
- For Work Week August 2-6
- For Lunch Preparation/Delivery for July week and/or August week
- For Saturday July 17
- For Saturday August 7
We will be doing construction, maintenance, and landscape work with WorthWhile Wear. For more information consult the May and June Newsletters or speak with a member of the Mission Committee.
THE AMERICAN LEGION COLOR GUARD will be at the Leidy’s Cemetery tomorrow around 8:15 a.m. for those who would like to be present. There will be a Color Guard salute, taps, and a prayer.
URGENT REQUEST FROM INDIA. The recent upsurge in Covid cases in India has been catastrophic for many. GTi Hope, our connection to India, wants to distribute 3,000 Covid Relief Kits where literacy projects have taken place or are taking place. Each kit costs $35 and provides an impoverished family of four with basic food forthree weeks as well as sanitation supplies and masks. Along with our offering the next three Sundays we also will receive special offerings to help with Covid relief in India. Everyone is invited to participate. To do so, use a Second Mile envelope from a pew rack and mark it Covid Relief – India.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- As the Erukula Literacy Students continue to learn to read, write, do math, learn about hygiene, and family relations, they are becoming different individuals. For many of them, the difference is not only in book knowledge, but in knowledge of themselves. They have a new identity. This week we might use Psalm 119:125 as our prayer launching pad. I am Your servant; give me understanding, that I may know Your testimonies. As the Holy Spirit to confirm to their hearts that they are part of the Lord’s people. It will make all the difference in the world.
- Jesus said the eye is the lamp of the body. What it sees “lights” the entire body. If the light is good, that’s good. But if the light is darkness, then the whole body is darkness. [see Luke 11:33-36] There are Christians in Niger and Chad who are eager to let their light shine so those near them can see the light and have their experience of life transformed by the Light of God. We can support them in their desire to share the Light of the Gospel by praying for God to open doors of contact and relationship with those around them. May God bless the eyes of those folk near them!
CALLING FOR HELP. The sign-up sheets for SLMT ’21 are up. Your help is needed. Please sign up sooner rather than later. We plan to have an Orientation Meeting on Wednesday evening June 16th. We need people who can drive nails, carry loads, cook food, use a shovel, do drywall work, push a wheelbarrow, paint, and you-name-it. Take a week and give it to the Lord to use you as He sees fit on one of the SLMT ’21 Work Weeks. Don’t forget: Saturday work is available too! ?
THE LADIES OF LEIDY’S monthly meeting is this Tuesday evening at 7:00. This will be our last meeting until September 7th. We will be installing a new President: Mrs. Debbie Schatz and a new Vice President: Mrs. BJ Kulp. We will be having a Strawberry Social in the Fellowship Hall before our meeting. All ladies are invited to join us, no need to sign up, just come and enjoy the fellowship and strawberries.
THE JUNE NEWSLETTER is in your church mailbox. Extra copies and large print are on the table outside the sanctuary. Take time to read it.