- Leidy’s Lunch Bunch Picnic themed lunch happens this Tuesday, beginning at 11:30. Sign-up in the narthex. Contact the office with questions or to get transportation.
- Hope Explored, a course for those wanting to brush up on Christian basics, or those with questions about Christianity wraps up this Tuesday, it begins at 7:45pm at the Broad Street Grind.
- Vacation Bible School: God is a good God and great designer! Kids K-5th Grade come to VBS June 20-24. See Pastor Michael or the welcome desk for more info.
- A Fellowship Luncheon happens this morning after the service. Everyone is invited to stay and enjoy a good meal with friends and soon-to-be friends! Come, relax and enjoy some fellowship time together.
- Plans continue to start a Classical Christian School at Leidy’s Church. Get further information from the church office.
- Adult Classes: Issues & Answers – Makers of the Modern Revolution: Fellowship Hall; Pastor’s Steve Bible Class: Gospel of John: Rm. 211; Young Adults – Spiritual Gifts: Rm. 111; women’s Sunday School – Rm. 125
- Food, Fellowship, Family Fun – Leidy’s Church is hosting a meal and concert June 9th. Indelible Grace will provide the music which will start at 7pm. Dinner will precede the concert, and childcare will be provided. Reserve your spot at org/igrace.
- Ladies and Mothers come together for a night off. The men will watch the kids on Friday, June 10th from 6:30-9:00 at church. Enjoy fellowship or just some peace and quiet.
- Special Offering for Ukraine will be received today. Working through Love Cradle, the funds will be disbursed through the connection of local Baptist churches in Ukraine. Use a Second Mile offering envelope and mark it “Ukraine.”
- Last Call for Graduates: If you know a graduate, contact the office with their name and future plans by Tuesday.
- Our sincere Christian sympathy to family and friends of Velva Stevenson who died last Thursday. May God be with them at this time.
- Summer Vacation Reading: We will be reading Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges so that we may grow in Christlikeness, even at the beach. Cost is $12.00 Please contact the office.
- The flowers today are placed by the Hahn and Doran Families in loving memory of Carl Hahn and Zachery Doran.
- Life Turning Point in Philadelphia is in need of childcare. The mothers at LTP have program classes Tuesday and Wednesday evenings (7:30pm-8:30pm) every week June, July, and August. We would like to be able to help meet these needs, especially July. Each session will require a minimum of 2 adults for 9-20 children of varying ages. The sessions are 1 hour, 2 nights a week. Please contact the church office, Gina Shoemaker, or Vangie Niederhaus.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Psalm 119:9 is a well-known Bible verse. That’s because it is a verse of great wisdom and practical application. Here’s what it says: How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. Good question and good answer. Let’s pray the 12 Church Planters working among the Erukula people will have many opportunities to share such wisdom as this with the young men with whom they interact. We also need to pray the young men will receive this wisdom and put it into practice in their daily lives. You’re right! We should pray this for our families and community, and country as well.
- Pray for the Facilitators and Regional leaders in Chad and Niger as they plan and budget for Directors’ Trainings for the 2022-23 fiscal year. Pray that there will be multiplication with many leaders equipped to lead trainings in Leadership, Discipleship and Mission, and Small Business Development. Pray that many disciples will be sent to the least-reached areas of these countries and in other countries of North Africa.
- Pray for protection and health for the Leaders and their families.
- Pray for safety when they are called to take the Good News of Jesus to dangerous areas.
- Pray for the success of new businesses so that church planters can be self-supporting and care for their families.
Birthdays & Anniversaries
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Donna Frueh 27th; Anna Heebner, Linda Stretch 29th; Adine Doran, Kevin Godshall, Caleb Im, Skip Smith, Krista Tyson 30th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Jim and Ginna Foote 26th; Jeff and Debbie Schatz, Aaron and Alisha Vogelzang 30th; Jim and Kathy Payne June 1st.
ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS THURSDAY IS? It’s Ascension Day. If you go out to Lancaster County, you won’t see any Amish out working in the fields. Jesus ascended 40 days after His resurrection. Then the disciples waited in Jerusalem for the promised outpouring of the Holy Spirit. That happened ten days later, 50 days after Easter, at the feast of Pentecost. You can read about this in Acts 1 and 2.
CONFIRMATION SUNDAY happens on Sunday, June 5th. There will be a luncheon afterwards to celebrate our confirmands. There is a registration form for the luncheon in your mailbox or you can find one on the Welcome Desk. Please fill it out and return to the church office or to the box on the Welcome Desk. Everyone is invited to attend.
THE AMERICAN LEGION COLOR GUARD will be at the Leidy’s Cemetery next Monday around 8:15 a.m. for anyone who would like to be present. There will be a Color Guard salute, taps, and a prayer.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org