WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Steve Paine 21st; Hannah Mahoney 22nd; Miriam Brockwell, Kevin Curcio, Bailey Kinney, Calvin Radcliff 23rd; Shaun Permar 25th; Ruth Bugge 26th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Jim and Janice Kulp 21st; Lorne and Susan Slack 24th; Dave and Vicki Freed, Ron and Jenn Malone 25th; Jim and Ginna Foote 26th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is The Search Is On. The Lord calls His Church to faithfulness to His Word. The Church is to appoint faithful men to lead and teach within the Church. Paul left Titus in Crete to carry out this task. We also must seek to find men who understand the times and who have knowledge of what should be done.
THE SACRAMENT of Holy Communion will be shared at the service of worship next week. Come prepared to worship and receive.
ISSUES & ANSWERS
Today The Social Media Dilemma
May 23 The Social Media Dilemma
CALLING ALL GRADUATES – We want to recognize and honor those graduating from high school, college, business school, or graduate school during the month of June. Please contact the church office with the name of your graduate(s) and what their plans may be for the future.
THANK YOU email received from Steve and Kelly Marks for the gifts given to help Myanmar refugees in Thailand. Wow! What a blessing! We are so thankful for the generous hearts at Immanuel Leidy’s Church. Thank you that our hearts are joined in the desire to exercise love and compassion and real help toward those refugees from Myanmar who are hurting, suffering, and in great need. Your gifts will provide food and basic medicines for many. Our gifts came to a total of $1,610.
SLMT SIGN-UP SHEETS ARE UP. We have several sign-up sheets. They are:
- For Work Week July 12-16
- For Work Week August 2-6
- For Lunch Preparation and Delivery for all workdays
- For Saturday July 17
- For Saturday August 7
We will be doing construction, maintenance, and landscape work with WorthWhile Wear. For more information consult the May and June Newsletters or speak with a member of the Mission Committee.
PRIMARY ELECTION is this Tuesday. Don’t forget to make your voice heard. Also, since Leidy’s Church is a polling place, this means that from Monday afternoon through Tuesday evening the Fellowship Hall will be reserved for voting and the preparations.
YOU’RE INVITED to a send-off concert for the Kirkpatrick family as they head to Thunder Bay to join LHNM. Come enjoy some desserts and the musical stylings of Japheth and Rachel Rittenhouse and friends while you hear the latest on the Kirkpatrick’s ministry. The festivities begin at 3 p.m. today, at Finland Mennonite Church in Pennsburg. Please RSVP to email@example.com or thereforeihope.com.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Covid is rampaging through India. Hostility to Christianity is on the rise. This week we might use Psalm 119:161 as a prayer launching pad. Princes persecute me without cause, but my heart stands in awe of Your words. Whether it is Princes or Pandemics that seek to intimidate the Literacy Students and their Teachers, may their hearts be encouraged as they continue to read and consider God’s Word. May they know that He is Master of all.
- Jesus is the One who stilled the waters of the stormy sea when the disciples were afraid of being swamped and drowned. Certainly, there are stormy seas for the populations of Chad and Niger. Christians also in those lands are experiencing the same storms. But they have Jesus to captain their ship. Pray that God will bless their labors and invitations to others to come aboard their ship and find peace in the midst of roiling waters.
A GREAT BIG “Thank you” to all who helped make this week’s Rummage Sale a success, especially the pack-up crew on Thursday night. We made over $8,100, which is a new record. We are grateful for God’s provisions. We are already accepting donations for the next sale. Please note that we only accept items in usable condition. Place items in the center of the Rummage Room (on gym level) so that our sorters can keep up with the incoming goods, or call the church office if unsure of the procedure.
A YOUNG COUPLE with two children are looking for an apartment somewhere within an hour-and-a-half of Conshohocken. The rental home in which they currently live is being sold, and they have been asked to move out by the end of May. If you have ANY leads, please contact Gary Filson.
HAVE YOU EVER FELT overwhelmed by technology? Have you been concerned about the impact that phones, devices and content is having on you, your family and friends? Wondered if your tech use is healthy? Join us in the Issues & Answers class for the next few weeks where we’ll be watching The Social Dilemma documentary. Join us to discuss how the gospel should shape your outlook on tech and learn about why we should be intentional about how we’re using and talking about technology.
MEN’S BIBLE STUDY meets this Friday at 6:30 a.m. in the Youth Room. If you have any questions, speak with Dave Doran.
PROPERTY WORKDAY – Saturday, May 22nd from 9 am to 12 noon. Being planned is some general clean-up of the property and weeding, so there are jobs for everyone! If you have questions, please speak with Kendall Musselman.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR NEXT TACOS prayer event on Tuesday, May 25th at 7 pm. TACOS reminds us to come to God in prayer with Thanksgiving, Adoration, Confession, while remembering to pray for others and ourselves. This month we will be meeting in the choir room downstairs. We will open our time with songs of praise & worship at 7 pm and wrap things up by 8:30. Let’s agree with Paul the apostle as he exhorts us to not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Hope to see you there!