HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Dennis Doran 2nd; Genevieve McVaugh, Debbie Schatz, Jacob Shoemaker, Blake Weiss 3rd; Bambi Martindell 6th; Ann Boyer, Rose Jaunzemis 7th; Ellen Pavie, Elein Yagilnicky 8th.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Jake and Hannah Niederhaus 2nd; Terry and Darlene Leidy, Michael and Sarah Nowling 6th; Skip and Donna Smith 7th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Wrapping It All Up. Can you believe it? On this Sunday we’ll be done. It will all be in the rearview mirror. Hard to believe, Harry. It was way back on September 22nd that we began walking through Revelation. We should feel just a little bit like John when he reached this point: he wanted to worship. But he had to be corrected; he was falling down at the feet of a created being. He was rebuked and told what to do: Worship God. That’s been a theme throughout Revelation. John is reminded of what he’s heard and seen, all wrapped up in that command. That command should wrap it up for us too.
THE ORDINATION SERVICE for Pastor Michael will take place on Sunday, July 26th at 5pm. A signal event in the life of our congregation, we are all invited to enter that date and time into our calendars and plan to be present for this joyful event.
RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO DO during the lockdown? The Mission Committee has just the thing for you. A Virtual 5K Run to benefit the work of Mick and Cathy Sander in eSwatini. This will be a featured Mission opportunity for July. More details are in the July/August Newsletter. Want more details now? Talk with Barb Gehman.
THE RUMMAGE SALE will be held on Wednesday, July 8th, and Thursday, July 9th. We need your help to set up on Monday and Tuesday, July 6th and 7th from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. We also need workers during the sale on Wednesday from 9-8 and on Thursday from 9-6. Pack-up begins at 6:00 on Thursday. It should be noted this Rummage Sale will be a bit different. How? In these ways:
- Only selling clothing, linens, shoes, purses – no household items, toys, etc. This will facilitate spreading out tables to provide some distance for those shopping for essentials.
- Workers will wear masks during sale days and hand sanitizer will be available for everyone, shopper and worker alike.
- Wednesday items will be sold $5 p/bag (provided by us) so no long lines at check out.
- Thursday will be the usual $2 p/bag (supplied by us).
- No food will be sold this time.
JUNE FELLOWSHIP MEAL HAPPENS today immediately following the service of worship. Everyone is invited, but no one should come who would feel uncomfortable in that sort of setting at this point in time. All food items will be served personally, including condiments. That means you cannot load up your plate; the servers will do that for you. The Niederhaus family (and a couple of friends) will be our hosts.
NORMAN MOYER celebrated his 92nd birthday last week, and his family asks if we could send him a card or note where he is doing rehab. His address is: Norman Moyer – Room #110, Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, 3026 Mt. Hope Home Road, Manheim, PA 17545
PRAYER GATHERING: Wednesday, July 1st, from 7-8:45 pm in our Fellowship Hall! We will share TACOs (not the Taco Bell kind!)? Thanksgiving, Adoration of the Lord, Confession, prayer for Others and Self. Prayer is powerful! It pleases our Heavenly Father and is the best way to usher in healing for our nation and our hearts! We are thankful we can call out to the Lord together to find the help and hope He alone can provide! “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation, He is my Fortress. I will not be shaken”. Psalm 62:5-6
PRAYER-POINTERS. Here are two prayer points for this week as we pray for the Gospel Gleanings outreach to the Erukulu people:
- Pray that God will prepare the hearts and souls and minds of the Erukulu people to receive the Gospel. Ask God to provide a ministry like that of John the Baptist, calling the Erukulu people to search and try their ways, in preparation for turning to the Lord.
- Pray for God to remove hindrances and adversaries to the work of the personnel being trained to work among unreached people groups in India, including the Erukulu people. Ask the Holy Spirit to protect each one from all adversaries – spiritual, physical, and societal.
GENIE SMEDBERG asks if her church family could send a birthday card to her mom who is quarantined in her room and struggling with the situation. She will be turning 98 on July 2nd. Her address is: Immogene Rhinehart, 1180 Ben Franklin Highway East, Rm. 309, Douglassville, PA 19518.
IF ANYONE IN THE LEIDY’S CHURCH FAMILY would like to help bless Ben and Sara Shoaf by providing meals, go to https://takethemameal.com/meals.php?t=VHFA7670&welcome=1 to sign up. There you will find important details including what not to make and their home address and be able to see what dates are open. Thanks!
THE JULY/AUGUST NEWSLETTER is published and in your church mailbox. You can also find them on the table in the narthex, or on-line at www.leidyschurch.org.