- Knowing More; whether a mature Christian or an interested believer, come and join us for Discipleship Explored, a conversational study of God on Tuesday’s, it begins at 7:45 in the Youth Room. Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
- Vacation Bible School begins tomorrow! Don’t delay in signing your kids up, K-5th Grade.
- Plans continue to start a Classical Christian School at Leidy’s Church. Get further information from the church office.
- A warm welcome is extended to Clay and Becky Walter and family. It’s been a while since we’ve heard from them in person, though many have followed their path the last couple of years via the updates posted about their son Brian and his battle with leukemia. Working with Mission Aviation Fellowship, Clay and Becky help provide vital support for missionaries around the world, especially those in remote locations.
- The next Prayer Meeting takes place on Wednesday, June 29th from 7:15-8:30. Please join us as we pray.
- Want to join Leidy’s Church? An Inquirer’s Class beginning on July 10th during Sunday School is the perfect place to start. Come and join us as we Explore Partnership as Christians in the ministry of the church near and far.
- Summer Vacation Reading: We are reading Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges so that we may grow in Christlikeness, even at the beach. Cost is $12.00 Please contact the office.
- Get to WORK! The 2022 SLMT project and dates are set. July 25-29 and August 15-19 will be work weeks with Life Turning Point in Philly. Signup for these work teams in the narthex.
- There will be a meeting for youth fellowship parents, or anyone who would like to help with the youth next Sunday after the congregational meeting in the Fellowship Hall. Lunch will be provided and babysitting if needed. If you have any questions see Bambi Martindell.
- The flowers today are given by LeRoy and Diane Gehman to the glory of God, in thankfulness to Him for the safety they have experienced in their lives.
The Women’s Sunday School class will continue to meet through the summer months to offer sessions on how to go deeper in our prayer life. It’s easy to become distracted and overwhelmed with the many prayer needs within our families and within our world, so join us as we grow and encourage one another in what matters most—prayer.
Thank you from Bonnie Pross for the prayers, cards, food, and help she has received since her knee surgery.
HEY, WAKE-UP OUT THERE! SLMT work weeks are scheduled, but the sign-up sheets are almost empty. We need workers. We need young workers. We need old workers. We need skilled workers. We need unskilled workers. In other words, we need people just like you. There is a work week in July and another work week in August. Check your schedule and see if you can join the team. Check out the June Newsletter for more details.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
Dealing with afflictions is a challenge for every Christian. We wonder we God doesn’t help us out more. We know that all things are under His control, so why does he allow us to go through tough times? The Erukula Christians and the 12 Church Planters working in their midst face similar questions. Hence, this week let’s use Psalm 119:75 as a resource as we intercede for them. I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are righteous, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me. Having the attitude reflected in this verse is a big step toward Christian maturity. May the Erukula people and the Leidy’s Church people be encouraged by this truth.
Christians in Chad and Niger are on the frontier of faith. They are surrounded by other religions, both Islam and many forms of animist and native faiths. The Gospel of Jesus is new and foreign to them. Hence, Christians in Chad and Niger are in some ways like the earliest Christians who spread the faith throughout the Jewish and Gentile worlds in the first century. The proclamations of those first Christians were often accompanied by signs and wonders to confirm the veracity of their message. This week, let’s pray that the Holy Spirit would validate the Gospel message of the Chad and Niger Christians with signs and wonders as they seek to take the message of light to those sitting in great darkness.
Birthdays & Anniversaries
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! June Burkholder, Jack Edling, Marcy Kirkpatrick 23rd; Norman Moyer 24th; Cindy Filson 28th; John Schilling 29th.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Matt and Tara McVaugh 23rd; Rich and Betty Hughes, Tom and Alice Kraus, Greg and Sandy Nase 24th; John and Janelle Rittenhouse, Bill and Elaine Teate 26th; Aiden and Rachel LeFever 27th.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org