WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Ellen Pavie, Elein Yagilnicky 8th; Ashley Lehman 9th; Margaret Bivighouse, Lois Ruth, Brooks Vogelzang 10th; Sandy Nase, Karen Sciacca 11th; Joan Thomas 12th; Jayne Lafty 13th; Navi Hager 14th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Josh and Laura Heebner 10th; Glen and Rachel Tyson 13th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is The Dead Made Alive in Christ. How dead is dead? For a coroner to pronounce a person dead that person must be clinically dead. All vital signs of life expired. But what does it mean that sinners are dead in sin? How dead are we? Are all vital signs of spiritual life expired? Is there a way we can resuscitate our spiritual deadness? We will discover we cannot, only God Can, and God does in Christ.
IF YOU WOULD like to share special music anytime this summer during Sunday worship, please call Nancy VanDerbeek at 215-896-7664.
SLMT WORK WEEK INFO. Here are some items of interest and see if or how they might apply to you:
- If you are working in a SLMT Work Week, including those only going on a Saturday, please let the church office know asap if you have any food allergies. The Food Prep Committee needs that information as they begin to cook up their plans. Thanks.
- If you signed up to be part of SLMT Work Week but you were not able to attend the Orientation Meeting on the 16th of this month, please stop by the church office to receive the forms and information you will need to complete to be part of the team.
- SLMT Work Week participants are required to raise a certain amount of money and a certain number of prayer supporters. To that end, don’t be surprised if you’re asked to be such a supporter. Support needs to be gathered as soon as feasible. If no one asks you for support, but you would like to be a supporter, contact John Niederhaus or the church office and you will be asked!
SPIRITUAL COUNCIL meets this Tuesday evening at 7:30 in Room 125. Elder Prayer meets at 7:00.
THE YOUNG ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS that has been meeting with Justin/Emma Coale and Jim/Ginna Foote, will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall, until September 5th to join Pastor John’s class on the book of Romans. ALL young adults, including those home from college are invited and encouraged to join us! Looking forward to seeing you there!
CONSISTORY meets this Wednesday evening at 7:30 in the Conference Room.
SUMMER ISSUES & ANSWERS – A Ramble thru Romans with John Niederhaus as the teacher. Week One has happened. Week Two was this morning. We still have 9 weeks to go. You can plug in at any time. Questions are welcome, though not necessarily answered! Come join us on our ramble.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- From the time of rebirth, Christians are tempted by the world, the flesh, and the devil to stray from God’s good way. Psalm 119:101 says, I have restrained my feet from every evil way that I may keep Your word. Let’s pray that way for the new believers among the Erukula people this week. May God give them the grace to exercise restraint in the various temptations that will seek to beguile them this week. The motivation for such restraint should be a desire to be loyal to God and His word. It wouldn’t be a bad idea for us to pray the same for ourselves.
- We know there are going to be regional training programs in the next few months in Chad and Niger. These programs will train folk in reaching unreached people groups. We’ve been asked to pray for the Global Disciples regional facilitators, M.D., H.S., A.M., and N.E. as they reach out to clusters of churches and help them develop training programs for discipleship and missions in Niger and Chad. Additionally, pray for peace in the region and for safety for the workers and their families as they travel and share the good news of Jesus.