- Spiritual Council and Consistory have been working on the next steps for Leidy’s Church. The last of the informational meetings is scheduled for July 26 at 7:00 p.m. Childcare will be provided. Come and join the discussion as we pray for our church.
- Our sincere Christian sympathy to Genie Smedberg and family at the death of her mom, Immogene Rhinehart. Genie wishes to thank her church family for all the cards and well wishes sent to her mom on her birthday. It really meant a lot to her and her family.
- Holy Communion will be shared this morning at the service of worship. We invite all members of the church of Jesus Christ to share in this sacrament.
- Prayer Card Sunday is September 18th. Parents, we need you to take a picture of your cute and adorable children. Please email the photos of your children to the office by August 15th.
- A trip is being planned for the Youth Fellowship to go to the beach on August 2nd with a rain date of August 9th. You can sign up using your smart phone via the poster hanging in the narthex. If you are an adult and would like to serve as a chaperone, please contact Peter or Bambi.
- Remember to pray for the SLMT workers laboring in Philly this week. They will be doing grunt work: clearing away growth on parts of the Carriage House, scraping peeling wood, examining gutters and window frames, and lots of other basic work that needs to be done. There won’t be a lot of shade. Our thanks to all who are participating in this work in one way or another.
- Join us for an August Prayer meeting on August 10 at 7:00 p.m.
- August 28th (please note the date change) is Sunday in the Shade. Join us for worship as we marvel at the Lord’s wonderful creation! Check the sign-up sheet in the narthex to see where you would be able to help.
- Ladies of Leidy’s Fellowship & Craft Event. Join us for a time of fellowship and creativity on Saturday, August 13th at 9am. Craft samples are on a table outside the Fellowship Hall; a sign-up sheet is included. Pick a craft to make or just come for the fellowship. Either way works… join us for some indoor summer fun. Light breakfast fare will be provided.
- Summer Reading: We are reading Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges so that we may grow in Christlikeness, even at the beach. Cost is $12.00 Please contact the office.
- The flowers today are dedicated to the glory of God with gratitude for His ever-present steadfast love and mercy by Barbara DiLucia.
LIBERTY MINISTRIES is thinking ahead to Christmas and is looking for people to decorate cards to be included in the bags distributed to incarcerated men and women in our local prisons. If anyone in your family would like to break out the markers or color pencils and help out, please contact the church office and we can provide you with a stack of cards to decorate. They would like to have them completed by September 14th.
LIFE TURNING POINT is in need of someone willing to lead a class on basic budgeting, with an emphasis on understanding pay stub information. Tuesday, 8/2, 7:30-8:30pm, and the person would be “free to set their own lesson.”. AKA, there’s no set material to teach from. Joy!!! You can contact Vangie Niederhaus at 267-622-7925
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- There are numbers of small churches among the Erukula people in India. That’s the result of the intentional outreach to them which we have underwritten for the past three years. We’ve heard some of their testimonies. We know the 12 Church Planters have been used of God to establish this foothold among the Erukula. Now, we need to pray that God will raise up godly Elders within those small churches. Men who will care for the souls of Erukula believers. Men who will set godly precedents for other believers. To that end, we might pray this week using Psalm 119:79. May those who fear You turn to me, Even those who know Your testimonies. One of the things the apostle Paul did as he revisited churches was appoint Elders. May the Church Planters follow his example.
- Pray for the Zaghawa people of Chad. They are a Sahelilan Muslim ethnic group in North-eastern Chad, population: 169,000, 95% Islam, 0.00% Christian. Although a small ethnic group, they politically dominate Chad. The former president, Idriss Déby and several former prime ministers of Chad are Zaghawa, as well as many other members of the government. Thus, the Chadian Zaghawa are among the richest and most influential people of Chad. Pray God will move the hearts of His disciples to reach out to the Zaghawa people and open doors for connections and relationships. Pray for key leaders to be won to Christ. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Birthdays & Anniversaries
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Ellen Hill, Paul Kulp, Fern Vasey 28th; Danielle Mylin, Michael Miabella 29th; Brett Hager, Melody Smith, Hollie Walbrandt 31st; Helen Roberson August 1st; Oliver Olsyzk, Anthony Sciacca 3rd.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Ken and Wendy Murphy August 1st; John and Ellen Pavie 3rd.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org