- Spiritual Council and Consistory have been working on the next steps for Leidy’s Church. There are a series of informational meetings with time for questions and answers to listen to you and communicate the plan moving forward. They will be July 21 at 7:00 p.m., July 24 at 8:45 a.m., and July 26 at 7:00 p.m. Childcare will be provided. Come and join the discussion as we pray for our church.
- Our sincere Christian sympathy to Laurie Plank and family at the death of her brother, Gary. May God be with them at this time.
- Holy Communion will be shared next Sunday at the service of worship. We invite all members of the church of Jesus Christ to share in this sacrament.
- Prayer Card Sunday is September 18th. Parents, we need you take a picture of your cute and adorable children. Please email the photos of your children to the office by August 15th.
- Get to WORK! The 2022 SLMT project and dates are set. July 25-29 and August 15-19 will be work weeks with Life Turning Point in Philly. All types of help are needed. Signup for these work teams in the narthex.
- Leidy’s Church is headed to the IronPigs vs. Wilkes-Barre Railriders on Saturday, July 23rd. There will be someone in the narthex for you to sign-up to purchase your ticket.
- A trip is being planned for the Youth Fellowship to go to the beach on August 2nd with a rain date of August 9th. You can sign up using your smart phone via the poster hanging in the narthex. If you are an adult and would like to serve as a chaperone, please contact Peter or Bambi.
- Join us for an August Prayer meeting on August 10 at 7:00 p.m.
- August 28th (please note the date change) is Sunday in the Shade. Join us for worship as we marvel at the Lord’s wonderful creation! Check the sign-up sheet in the narthex to see where you would be able to help.
- The flowers today are given by Earl and Rose Jaunzemis in thanksgiving to God for all their blessings, and in gratefulness to Him for walking with them through the many trials they have gone through.
- Remember to pray for the Exploratory Team down in Puerto Rico. They are due to return to PA on Tuesday evening. They are: Tony Kapusta, Justin & Emma Coale, and Lorraine Reich.
- We welcome Steve & Kelly Marks to Leidy’s Church this morning. Working with the Christian Veterinarian Mission, they live in Thailand now with their two children still at home, Anna and Joe. God is using each of them in distinctive ways and it will be good to hear what He’s doing in and through them.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
When an Erukula person becomes a Christian there is a huge upheaval in his or her life. That person usually comes from a tradition with many gods and with many ways of living, most of which have no sound ethical basis. With the salvation Jesus brings, that changes drastically. Now there is the Word of God, the Bible. The converts learn to read it. And they do read it. Oftentimes, it was the reading of the Bible that aided in the transformation they experienced. As we pray for the Erukula believers, let’s pray for them to be grounded in the awareness that God’s Word is to be preeminent in their lives. Psalm 119:4 gives good expression to this:You have ordained Your precepts, That we should keep them diligently.May we have that same awareness and purpose.
In Chad and Niger Christians are a miniscule portion of the total population. They have no cultural encouragement for their faith, in fact, the culture looks down on and is sometimes violently hostile to their faith. Yet there are individual Christians and Christian families who move to places where there is no Christian witness for the express purpose of bringing the witness of the Lord Jesus to those places. They live among the people as part of the people, usually providing for themselves by having a small business or service. They pray for openings to share why they have an eternal and lasting hope. Let’s pray that God would open up doors of opportunity for them and that He would grant them favor in the eyes of those with whom they deal. And, let’s pray that we will be able to bear witness in the places where we live and work
Birthdays & Anniversaries
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Betty Jo Lockman 21st; Barbara DiLucia, Susan Leidy-Slack 22nd; Stan Friday, Lani Kimenhour 23rd; Noah Weber 24th; Alice Kraus 25th; Chase Mahoney 26th.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! John and Debbie Caserta 21st; Steve and Sue Landis 24th; Ben and Adelaide Weber 26th.
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org