WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Beth Kulp 13th; Charlotte Kehs, Wendy Radcliff 15th; Connie Merritt, Renee Shafer 18th; Brian Lafty, Sr., Orion Lockman, Dianne Nase 19th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Jim and Pat Eakins 18th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is God’s Love from First to Last. True fellowship with God is evidenced by a love for God because God first loved us. John explains why this is so by giving reasons why Christians are to love. A main spiritual quality of believers is love, love for God and love for one another. We will examine John’s explanation for this truth and its implications for all believers desiring to live for Christ in this world.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Issues & Answers – Romans – Fellowship Hall
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Does God Exist? Focus on the Family – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – Rm. 125
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
THE FLOWER CHART FOR 2022 is posted on the wall in the narthex for those who would like to sponsor flowers for our sanctuary. There are many dates that are still available.
iBLAST SPRING SEMESTER begins on Wednesday, January 19th. There will be a family meal at 5:15 with iBlast running from 6-7:30. If you were registered for the fall, we already have your information. If you still need to sign up, you are able to do so at leidyschurch.org/iblast.
WOMEN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS resumes next Sunday and meets in Room 125. They will be begin a study on the names of God. God is . . . It will be good to review who He is.
PATTERNS OF PRAYER take place the first and third Saturdays of each month. We pray in the morning from 10 to 12 in Rm. 117. Participants are welcome to come and go as schedules permit/necessitate. This Saturday is the third Saturday of January, so we’ll be praying and you’re welcome to join as well. If you have any questions or suggestions for prayer, please speak with Patricia Martindell.
ANNUAL DINNER & BUSINESS MEETING of Leidy’s Church takes place at 6:00 on Saturday, January 15th. Please fill out the registration form and place in the box provided at the Welcome Desk. At this meeting a budget will be adopted for 2022.
MARCH FOR LIFE 2022 takes place on Friday, January 21st. Leidy’s Church will have a Perkiomen coach taking folk down. Cost is $15 per person. The bus will leave the Leidy’s Church parking lot at 6 a.m. and usually returns between 8:30 and 9 in the evening. A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex. Youth under 18 years of age must have a responsible adult assigned with them.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE to join the Sonshine Players as our cast of angel reporters prepare to share some of the top news stories of the people of Faith throughout the ages. Practice is on Saturday mornings from 10-11. Contact Donna Frueh or Laurie Plank for more information.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Opposition to faith is real. Such certainly is the case in India where persecution has been on the rise for several years. The government has sanctioned policies that turn a blind eye on such activities and has instituted regulations that severely threaten Christian organizations. Hence, as we pray for the Erukula people, especially for those who are new believers, and for the 12 Church Planters working among them, we may use Psalm 119:122 as a request to God on their behalf. Be surety for Your servant for good, and do not let the arrogant oppress me. May God watch over the Erukula people and cause His Word of salvation to increase in fruitfulness regardless of the plans and schemes and activities of arrogant oppressors of the faith and the faithful ones. Hear our prayer, O God!
- More than gleanings in Niger. We can praise the Lord for his great work in Niger! Pray for the 600+ people who came to Christ in a predominantly Muslim area of Niger, that they will grow as disciples and stay true to Jesus despite persecution and potential economic hardships because of their newfound faith. Pray for protection for the Global Disciples workers in Niger as they are ministering in areas where terrorism is rampant, and it is very dangerous to be a Christian. Give thanks for the Lord’s protection for a small church that was unharmed when Boko Haram recently invaded the village and burned the school.
THIS YEAR’S VIRTUAL NIGHT TO SHINE takes place on Friday, February 11th. Leidy’s Church will host the Shine-Thru event on Saturday, January 29th, for registered guests to pick up their guest experience kit from 3 to 8 pm and be celebrated as they drive along the parking lot, stopping at various locations along the way. We need volunteers to decorate outside, parking lot attendants, greeters, red carpet cheerers, food prep helpers, and floaters. Since it’s January and we expect it to be cold, we would like to limit the time each volunteer spends outdoors to an hour, which means we will need a lot of helpers! Please go to leidyschurch.nighttoshine.com to volunteer or contact the church office for assistance.
PASTOR TONY JONES will be officially installed as the pastor of Immanuel Leidy’s Church on Sunday, January 30th during the service of worship. There will be a fellowship luncheon held in celebration of this historic and special occasion immediately following the worship service.