WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Carly Camuso, Andrew Leidy, Nancy VanDerbeek 3rd; Janice Jesiolowski, Cheyenne Kehs 4th; Rob Ruth, Sarah Im 5th; Shaun Permar 6th; Jim Foote, Delton Plank, Miriam Weigner, Herb Wolgemuth 7th; Dennis Gruver 8th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Stan and Joan Radcliff 3rd.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Certainty of Eternal Life. There are five means Christians have certainty about eternal life which we need to know. It is essential that we understand them because they together form an ironclad assurance in our eternal life relationship with God in the Lord Jesus Christ. As we grow to learn these ironclad assurances, faith is made strong, confidence in God’s love and faithfulness is achieved, and we are more focused on devotion to God and dedicating ourselves to God in all areas of life.
THIS MORNING Leidy’s Church is receiving new members. We wish to welcome the following people to our fellowship. Take time to greet them after the service.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Topical Bible Studies – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – God Is . . . the Names of God – Rm. 125
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
iBLAST SPRING SEMESTER has begun. There is a family meal at 5:15 with iBlast running from 6-7:30. If you were registered for the fall, we already have your information. If you still need to sign up, you are able to do so at leidyschurch.org/iblast.
THE YOUNG ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS will be doing some topical biblical studies the rest of January. In February Gary Filson will be discussing Creation vs. Evolution. March is Missions Month and we will be joining other classes in the Fellowship Hall.
PRECEPT SPRING SEMESTER – 2 Samuel – The Life of David, A Man After God’s Own Heart begins February 3 and goes through mid-May. (Not necessary to have been part of 1 Samuel to attend). Class begins at 9 a.m. in classroom 123. Workbooks $17. Contact Verna 215-237-1370.
LADIES OF LEIDY’S meets this Tuesday evening of the month in Room 123. All ladies of the church are welcome to join us.
DUE TO THE THREAT of threatening weather yesterday, the Shine-Thru curbside event was postponed until Saturday the 5th. As a result, we lost a number of volunteers. If you are available, go to leidyschurch.nighttoshine.com to sign up or contact the church office to see where help is needed. Thanks!
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Jesus said, “Where your treasure is, there shall your heart be also.” [Matt. 6:21] During the past two years the Scriptures have been introduced to the Erukula people. Hundreds have learned how to read primarily through exercises utilizing the Bible. They’ve had substantial exposure to the Word of God. For that reason, Psalm 119:16 is a good verse from which to launch intercessions on their behalf this week. Here’s what it says: I shall delight in Your statutes; I shall not forget Your Word. Literacy is a transforming blessing to any people, but the knowledge of God’s Word is a superior transformative blessing. May the Erukula people (and our people) delight in His Word, and have it ever ready in the forefront of their minds as they go about their daily lives.
- Pray for the Global Disciples leaders in Niger as they plan and prepare for the Annual Equipping Event (AEE) in Niamey, Niger, February 18 – 22. This AEE brings together key leaders and program directors for further training and encouragement. Pray that leaders will grow in their gifts and grow as faithful stewards of the mission entrusted to them. Pray they will grow in vision and passion to pioneer new training programs to send missionaries to unreached people groups and that many new churches will be planted with growing disciples ready to be missionaries to others.
PATTERNS OF PRAYER take place the first and third Saturdays of each month. We pray in the morning from 10 to 12 in Room 117. Participants are welcome to come and go as schedules permit/necessitate. This Saturday is the first Saturday of February, so we’ll be praying and you’re welcome to join as well. If you have any questions or suggestions for prayer, please speak with Patricia Martindell.