WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Samuel Lockman 27th; Claire Nowling, Nicholas Sciacca 28th; Val Hager, John Rittenhouse 29th; Arlin Moyer 31st; Chloe Olszyk, Marje Talbot February 1st; Jerry Kulp, Makenna Murphy, Lori Pluda 2nd.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Jim and Genie Smedberg 27th; Ken and Joanna Mark 28th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Testimony of the Triune God. There are so many uncertainties in our world today. We all are receiving conflicting reports and advice from “professionals” in the fields of medicine, finance, investment, health, nutrition, that we do not know what to believe or what course to pursue. This has accelerated since the pandemic. How grateful we should be that the testimony of God is certain and unchanging even through the uncertainty of our everchanging world. We have confidence in the witness of God!
THIS MORNING Leidy’s Church is receiving new members. We wish to welcome the following people to our fellowship. Take time to greet them after the service.
Sam Im Jim Payne
Sarah Im Kathy Payne
Walt Gehman Byron Rimmer
Linda Gehman Dottie Rimmer
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Topical Bible Studies – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – God Is . . . the Names of God – Rm. 125
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
THE FLOWER CHART FOR 2022 is posted on the wall in the narthex for those who would like to sponsor flowers for our sanctuary. These are the dates that are still available March 20, 27; April 3, 24; May 1, 22, 29; June 26; July 17, 24, 31; August 14; September 4; October 9; November 27.
THE YAGILNICKY FAMILY would like to thank everyone that prayed and helped us during our illness/difficulty with Covid over the last three weeks. God bless you all for your kindness/help and prayers.
iBLAST SPRING SEMESTER has begun. There is a family meal at 5:15 with iBlast running from 6-7:30. If you were registered for the fall, we already have your information. If you still need to sign up, you are able to do so at leidyschurch.org/iblast.
THANK YOU from Ginna Foote and Family for the cards and prayers at the passing of her father, Martin Marshall.
PASTOR TONY JONES will be officially installed as the pastor of Immanuel Leidy’s Church next Sunday during the service of worship. There will be a fellowship luncheon held in celebration of this historic and special occasion immediately following the worship service. Please fill out the registration form in the bulletin and place it in the box provided at the Welcome Desk.
THE YOUNG ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS will be doing some topical biblical studies the rest of January. In February Gary Filson will be discussing Creation vs. Evolution. March is Missions Month and we will be joining other classes in the Fellowship Hall.
THE SLACK & LEIDY FAMILY thank you for your prayers, encouragement and meals during this time. We greatly appreciated and were comforted by our church family in this time of distress and grief.
OUTREACH COMMITTEE meets this Tuesday evening at 7:00 in Rm. 211.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- We all need the Lord’s help. That’s a truth that applies to the Erukula people and to us. A common error among believers, especially young believers, is to think that when one purposes to walk in the Lord’s way, that it will be something of a cakewalk! Soon we come to know it’s not in us to do all that we purpose to do in and for Christ. Psalm 119:173 is a good verse to use in prayer about this matter. Let Your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen Your precepts. As we pray for the believers among the Erukula and for the twelve Church Planters, let’s ask the Lord to help them learn that wonderful balance between man’s proposing and God’s disposing. May they not shrink back from purposing to follow the Lord, but may they also know they need the Lord’s help.
- The Lord Jesus is stirring hearts in Chad. Leaders in Chad who are working with Global Disciples believe the Lord is calling them to reach into Sudan. Pray for Global Disciples directors and newly trained disciples to have boldness and clarity of vision and for the Lord to open doors in Sudan. Pray that the Lord will raise up many missionaries from Chad to go into the harvest. David, the main leader in Chad, requests prayer specifically for brother Djibo, who serves as a volunteer Program Director and his wife who is very sick while pregnant, after many miscarriages. Pray for health for the mother, a healthy baby and for provision as they face severe economic challenges.
PRECEPT SPRING SEMESTER – 2 Samuel – The Life of David, A Man After God’s Own Heart begins February 3 and goes through mid-May. (Not necessary to have been part of 1 Samuel to attend). Class begins at 9 a.m. in classroom 123. Workbooks $17. Contact Verna 215-237-1370.
LEIDY’S CHURCH is hosting the Night to Shine curbside event this Saturday from 3 to 8 pm. We are still in need of volunteers take a shift or two as parking lot attendants and red-carpet cheerers. If you can help, go to leidyschurch.nighttoshine.com or contact the church office.
LADIES OF LEIDY’S meets on the first Tuesday of the month. The February meeting will be on February 1st in Room 123. All ladies of the church are welcome to join us.
SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE SUNDAY is today, a day we grieve the tragedy of abortion since it’s legalization in January 1973. We mourn for the children’s lives who have been lost and grieve for the women who felt like abortion was their only choice. The Pregnancy Resource Clinic offers free medical services and support to women to show them they are not alone, they are capable, and life is a great option for them. They also facilitate support groups where women who have experienced abortion find healing, freedom, and forgiveness. Grace changes everything. To learn more visit prcnorthpenn.org
NEWSLETTER articles for the February Newsletter are due in the office by Tuesday. Thank you.