WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Dave Doran 8th; Paul Kraus, Jill Ott 9th; Randy Godshall, Lewis Stretch 10th; Debbie Caserta 12th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Jerard and Pam Gordon 6th; Rob and Lois Ruth 9th; Rich and Julianna Kapusta 10th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Test the Spirits of Truth & Error. Does it really matter what we believe about God, so long as we have faith and love Jesus? The short answer is Yes; it does matter what we believe about God, though we say we have faith and love Jesus. The reason why is clear; there are those teaching about Jesus but in error, and because it’s in error, it’s wrong and must not be trusted. John tells us to test the spirits to see if what is being said is from God, and that too means we must know what we believe about God.
THE SACRAMENT of Holy Communion will be shared at the service this morning. We invite all members of the church of Jesus Christ to share in this sacrament.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Issues & Answers – Romans – Fellowship Hall
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Does God Exist? Focus on the Family – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – Rm. 125 (will resume Jan. 9th)
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
THE FLOWER CHART FOR 2022 is posted on the wall in the narthex for those who would like to sponsor flowers for our sanctuary.
SPIRITUAL COUNCIL meets this Tuesday evening at 7:30 in Room. 125. Elder prayer meets at 7:00.
iBLAST SPRING SEMESTER begins on Wednesday, January 19th. There will be a family meal at 5:15 with iBlast running from 6-7:30. If you were registered for the fall, we already have your information. If you still need to sign up, you are able to do so at leidyschurch.org/iblast.
WANTED: actors and actresses… adult or teen to round out the cast of the spring musical Faith News. Rehearsals would be an occasional Saturday morning, production is the last weekend in March. Singing and/or acting ability would be helpful…but not a dealbreaker! Many of our adult Sonshine Players have gone on to fame and fortune (remember the Supreme Court Justices?) so this could be your big break! This is a great opportunity to help our young people share the gospel through our production. Contact Donna Frueh for details.
LEIDY’S CHURCH is getting closer to having a plan in place for a weekly email which will go out to members and friends of our congregation highlighting upcoming events and providing links to sign-up to attend or volunteer. Many of you have provided updated emails – thank you! If you wish to be included and are not sure the office has current contact info, either make note of it on the pew pad or email it to email@example.com.
DON’T FORGET: Practice for the Spring Musical Faith News begins THIS SATURDAY… 10:00 in the Fellowship Hall. Anyone who registered at the kick-off should have received a book and CD by now. If you haven’t registered… and you are in grades K-12, it’s not too late to join our News team! Don’t forget to bring your folder or script, a pencil, and a bottle of water to practice on Saturday. See Donna Frueh or Laurie Plank for details.
ANNUAL DINNER & BUSINESS MEETING of Leidy’s Church takes place on Saturday, January 15th. Please fill out the registration form in the bulletin and place in the box provided at the Welcome Desk. At this meeting a budget will be adopted for 2022.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- We begin a new year of intercession for the Erukula people in India. We are praying for three groups of people: the 12 Church Planters who are working among the Erukula this year; the Erukula believers – Hallelujah, two years ago we could not talk of any Erukula believers; and the rest of the Erukula people who have not come to faith yet. A good prayer for each of those groups is found in Psalm 119:135. Make Your face shine upon Your servant, and teach me Your statutes. We pray for God’s face to shine upon each of those three groups. We also pray that each of those groups will be blessed to be taught of the Lord, so they know His statutes, that is, His way for living. May His face shine upon us in 2022 as well, so that we may learn and walk in His way for living.
- Here are some scripture verses that will help in our daily intercessions for Chad and Niger. Isaiah 9:2 The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned. Isaiah 35:5 Then the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
- Pray that the great light of Jesus will shine brightly in Chad and Niger, that the eyes of the blind would be opened, and their ears unstopped to see and hear the light of Christ reaching out to them.
- Pray the areas of Chad that are already have strong groups of Christians that they will hear God’s call to take the Gospel to the unreached areas in their own country.
- Pray for the Hausa people group in Chad: population 316,000. 99.00% Islam. 0.01% Christian. Pray that tribal elders will be open to the message of Jesus. Pray for a movement of disciples among the Hausa people in Chad as well as in Nigeria and Ghana.
CONSISTORY meets this Wednesday evening at 7:30 in the Conference Room.
MARCH FOR LIFE 2022 takes place on Friday, January 21st. Leidy’s Church will have a Perkiomen coach taking folk down. Cost is $15 per person. The bus will leave the Leidy’s Church parking lot at 6 a.m. and usually returns between 8:30 and 9 in the evening. A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex. Youth under 18 years of age must have a responsible adult assigned with them.
THE PASTORS AND STAFF express their thanks to the congregation for all of the Christmas gifts, cards, and goodies over the holiday. We gratefully appreciate all of the loving ways we are blessed by our church family.
THIS YEAR’S VIRTUAL NIGHT TO SHINE takes place on Friday, February 11th. Leidy’s Church will host the Shine-Thru event on Saturday, January 29th, for registered guests to pick up their guest experience kit from 3 to 8 pm and be celebrated as they drive along the parking lot, stopping at various locations along the way. We need volunteers to decorate outside, parking lot attendants, greeters, red carpet cheerers, food prep helpers, and floaters. Since it’s January and we expect it to be cold, we would like to limit the time each volunteer spends outdoors to an hour, which means we will need a lot of helpers! Please go to leidyschurch.nighttoshine.com to volunteer or contact the church office for assistance.