WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Julia Kulp, Desiree Steve 22nd; Rod Harbon, Jacqualyn Hillegass, Henry Niederhaus 23rd; Mark Kostishion, Janie Inyang, Ed Schmidt 24th; Steve Swartz 25th; Annabelle Martindell 26th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Ted and Wanda Brunner 21st; Henry and Pearl Walter 23rd; Kendall and Mary Beth Musselman 24th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Born Overcomers of the World. All believers are challenged to live in the victory we have in the Lord Jesus. Books and devotional materials have been written and widely distributed among Christians on the subject of the victorious Christian life. However, there does not seem to be unity over what validates victorious living. We will look at what are elements necessary for us to be overcomers of the world by living victorious in Christ Jesus.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Issues & Answers – Romans – Fellowship Hall
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Does God Exist? Focus on the Family – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – Rm. 125
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
THE FLOWER CHART FOR 2022 is posted on the wall in the narthex for those who would like to sponsor flowers for our sanctuary. These are the dates that are still available: January 23, 30; March 20, 27; April 3, 24; May 1, 22, 29; June 26; July 17, 24, 31; August 14; September 4; October 2, 9; November 27.
THE CHURCH & COMMUNITY Committee meets this Thursday afternoon at 2:30 in Room 117 on the Education level.
iBLAST SPRING SEMESTER begins this Wednesday. There will be a family meal at 5:15 with iBlast running from 6-7:30. If you were registered for the fall, we already have your information. If you still need to sign up, you are able to do so at leidyschurch.org/iblast.
THE MISSION COMMITTEE meets on Wednesday evening at 7 in the Conference Room.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Expectations often determine one’s final evaluation. As we pray for the Erukula people in India – and for the 12 Church Planters working among them this year – Psalm 119:18 provides a salutary insight into the Psalmist’s remarkable faith. Here’s what verse 18 says: Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Your law. Two essential insights flow from this verse: 1) humans need the eyes of their hearts opened by the Holy Spirit, and 2) God’s Word, His Law, contains wonderful truths. May the Erukula people, may the 12 Church Planters, and may we too turn with anticipation to God’s Word expecting the Holy Spirit to teach each of us illuminating truths about God, His Word, and His ways so that He may be known more fully and followed more faithfully.
- The Lord Jesus is stirring hearts in Chad. Leaders in Chad who are working with Global Disciples believe the Lord is calling them to reach into Sudan. Pray for Global Disciples directors and newly trained disciples to have boldness and clarity of vision and for the Lord to open doors in Sudan. Pray that the Lord will raise up many missionaries from Chad to go into the harvest. David, the main leader in Chad, requests prayer specifically for brother Djibo, who serves as a volunteer Program Director and his wife who is very sick while pregnant, after many miscarriages. Pray for health for the mother, a healthy baby and for provision as they face severe economic challenges.
PASTOR TONY JONES will be officially installed as the pastor of Immanuel Leidy’s Church on Sunday, January 30th during the service of worship. There will be a fellowship luncheon held in celebration of this historic and special occasion immediately following the worship service. Please fill out the registration form in the bulletin and place it in the box provided at the Welcome Desk.
MICHAEL AND SARAH NOWLING would like to say thank you for all of the love, care, and cards at the passing of Sarah’s grandmother. Leidy’s folks are the best!
THERE MAY BE A SLOT FOR YOU. The 2022 March for Life takes place this Friday. You can be part of that witness for life by riding on the bus that leaves from Leidy’s Church parking lot at 6 Friday morning. There are a few slots open yet on the bus – maybe one is for you! On the ride home, purportedly, the movie shown will be greater than any of the previous movies viewed on the way back. Be part of our contingent going to the March for Life and find out. Sign-up sheet is on the narthex wall or just call the church office.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE to join the Sonshine Players as our cast of angel reporters prepare to share some of the top news stories of the people of Faith throughout the ages. Practice is on Saturday mornings from 10-11. Contact Donna Frueh or Laurie Plank for more information.
FROM PASTOR TONY: We arrived safely late Monday night after a very smooth flight and have now settled into the Mission House. We are so thankful and have been overwhelmed by the generosity of the church family in looking after us and providing for us. Thank you so much to all of you who prepared the house for our arrival, for the new pillows and blankets, new refrigerator, new kitchen tap, kettle, new dryer and the immaculate cleaning of the house as well as the delicious supper which greeted us. Thank you too for all the gifts for us and for the children, for the meals, for collecting us from the airport, the use of a car, as well as the many cards, and for your prayers. It was so wonderful to arrive to a clean, comfortable, warm house, and with the beds all made up. Thank you! Sarah, the children and I feel very much at home, and we look forward to meeting you all over the next few weeks and to joining your wonderful church family. Pray for us as we settle in and set up bank accounts, cell phones and as the children begin to settle at school.
NEW MEMBERS WILL BE RECEIVED into the fellowship of Leidy’s Church next Sunday, January 23rd. Those persons who are interested in becoming members should contact the church office or Pastor Steve by Tuesday so proper arrangements can be made.
THIS YEAR’S VIRTUAL NIGHT TO SHINE takes place on Friday, February 11th. We need volunteers to decorate outside, parking lot attendants, greeters, red carpet cheerers, food prep helpers, and floaters. Since it’s January and we expect it to be cold, we would like to limit the time each volunteer spends outdoors to an hour, which means we will need a lot of helpers! Please go to leidyschurch.nighttoshine.com to volunteer or contact the church office for assistance.