- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- Night to Shine is February 10th. We are welcoming 150 special needs folks to the church for an evening of fun and fellowship. We need your help as buddies, set-up team, parking lot team, welcome team, limo team, respite and a whole lot more. Go to leidyschurch.nighttoshine.com or contact the church office.
- The first night of Wednesday Central and iBlast were wonderful! The best news is that there is still time to join us. Please go to leidyschurch.org to register as kids spend the term looking at wisdom and the adults look at gospel work, gospel family, gospel assurance and gospel prayer.
- Those who are part of the SLMT-Puerto Rico mission effort are in the process of raising support in terms of dollars and in terms of prayer partners. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
- Murder, bloodshed, war, and slavery. The days of the Judges were awfully chaotic. Come to Rm. 211 during Sunday School to hear how the Lord redeems His people as we look at the book of Judges.
- The Missions Committee meets this Thursday evening at 7:00 in the Conference Room.
- If you missed the kick-off to the Spring musical God Squad . . . don’t worry! Superheroes ages 5 and up can still join us this Saturday for our first practice: Jan 21st, 10:00 am! Capes will be provided!
- Chili Cook-off happens next Saturday evening beginning at 6:00. It is a night to support the Night to Shine event that is taking place on February 10 also at Leidy’s.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
Janie Inyang Tim Cressman Marj Talbot
Bonnie Doran Dianne Nase Janice Kulp
Sherman Focht Karen Focht Jim Pluda
Laurie Plank Donna Frueh
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
Proverbs 29:25 says, The fear of man brings a snare, But he who trusts in the Lord will be exalted. One finds much the same taught in Psalm 119:134. There, the Psalmist prays, Redeem me from the oppression of man; That I may keep Your precepts. As we pray for the Erukula people this week, those two verses can provide insights for us. The fear of man causes folk to desire to please man when the ways of the Lord and the ways of man are in opposition. It is a snare for the people of God. It is a form of oppression. When one is delivered from that fear, then one experiences the wonderful freedom and fullness that comes from honoring God above all. May that be true for the Erukula people and for the folk of Leidy’s Church.
The southwestern tip of Niger sticks down and out. It borders the country of Benin. It is one of the countries Christian workers from Niger and Chad hope to reach with the Gospel. Right now, Benin is in the midst of weeks-long celebration of Voodoo, which has its origins in Benin. Folk from all over the world come to Benin to participate in the rituals and activities of Voodoo hoping to connect with the religion of their ancestors or simply to find a new religious experience. For those living in Benin, Voodoo is a present reality. Let’s pray that as Christian disciples from Niger and Chad make their way in the villages and towns of Benin that God will protect them and also open doors of ministry and deliverance for those practicing Voodoo. And many of those who practiced magic brought their books together and began burning them in the sight of everyone . . . so the word of the Lord was growing mightily and prevailing. [Acts 19:19-20]
- February 3-5: Youth Winter Retreat
- February 10: Night to Shine
- April 22, 2023: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org