- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- There is a prayer meeting on Wednesday, January 4th at 6:30 pm. Join us as we commit the New Year to the Lord in prayer.
- We celebrate God’s faithfulness in 2022. We are excited about 2023. January 15 is going to be Vision Sunday. Come and join us.
- Wednesday Central and iBlast are starting January 11. Please register at leidyschurch.org/Wednesday.
- Help is Needed: Wednesday Central Kitchen Committee is in need of another “Co-lead”. Would help with planning meals for the semester ahead of time as well as prep and service on Wednesday nights. Talk with either Tony Kapusta or Wendy Radcliff if interested.
- The Congregational Dinner takes place on Saturday, January 14th. You can sign up via the web site, there are also slips on the desk and a basket to place it. At this meeting a budget will be adopted for 2023.
- Many thanks from the pastors and office staff to the congregation for all of the Christmas gifts, cards, and goodies over the holiday. We appreciate all of the loving ways we are blessed by our church family.
- Those who are part of the SLMT-Puerto Rico mission effort are in the process of raising support in terms of dollars and in terms of prayer partners. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
- Ladies of Leidy’s meet this Tuesday evening at 7:00 in Rm. 123 for their Annual Joke Night. Be sure to gather together your good clean jokes so we can start off the new year laughing together.
- Women’s Sunday School Class begins next Sunday for those in need of a time of reflection and renewal. Please join us for the next eight weeks in Selected Psalms.
- A new Precept Class begins Thursday from 9-11:30 in Rm. 123. Come join us for 2 Thessalonians. The Thessalonians were confused about the end times until they received this letter from Paul. Contact Verna 215-237-1370. Workbooks are $10, no need to have taken 1 Thessalonians to attend.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
Janie Inyang Tim Cressman Marj Talbot
Bonnie Doran Dianne Nase Janice Kulp
Sherman Focht Karen Focht Jim Eakins
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- A new year means new challenges and new opportunities. How will folk respond to each one? We don’t know. But, we can pray for the Erukula people in India, as well as us here in the USS, that the compassion of the Lord will be upon us to keep each one in His way. A good verse to use as a prayer platform would be Psalm 119:77 which says: May Your compassion come to me that I may live, For Your law is my delight. It’s the mercy of God that draws each of us to Him and gives us eternal life. It is just as true, though, to acknowledge that it is His mercy and compassion that keeps us in His way. With new birth comes a delight in the Word of God, in the law of God. Yet, we still are prone to wander! Ugh! True of the Erukula folk and true for us folk. Hence, let’s pray that He will keep us in His mercy and that we will delight in His
- Praise the Lord for recent growth into new countries in Northern Africa. In recent years the mission of Global Disciples has spread from Chad/Niger to Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote D’Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, and Senegal. In the coming weeks we will focus prayer on each of these countries. This week, let’s pray for Benin. 31.6% of Benin’s 13 million population identify as Christians. Pray that this nation will become a mission-sending country to the difficult areas of northern Africa that are predominantly Muslim. Currently, there are two active church clusters each running a Global Disciples Training and sending their own people as missionaries to least-reached areas. Pray that believers in Benin will finish the task of taking the gospel to the 13 unreached people groups in Benin representing 2.5 million people. Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day. Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples. [1 Chronicles 16:23-24]
- January 14: Congregational Dinner
- January 21: Chili Cook Off
- February 10: Night to Shine
- April 22, 2023: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing email@example.com or go to www.leidyschurch.org