WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Seth Brunner 10th; Joy Myers 11th; Jim Payne 12th; Jack Parry 13th; Beth Harbon, Pearl Walter 15th; Elsie Jo Cardone, Ed Hall 16th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Justin and Julia Gregory 10th; Peter and Bonnie Smith 15th; Harvey and Lorraine Shoemaker 16th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Hope for a Hopeless World.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Topical Bible Studies – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – God Is . . . the Names of God – Rm. 125
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
MEALS SIGNUP SHEET – Anyone who would like to participate in our meal ministry by providing an occasional meal for members of our Leidy’s Church family in 2022 should sign-up on the sheet provided in the narthex. Here’s how it works! When we see that someone requires a meal due to having a baby, an illness, or as a result of a hospital stay, Alice Kraus will call the names of those who sign up on a rotating basis to cook and deliver meals for them and their families. This is a one-year commitment only, so be sure to sign up for 2022 even if you were on last’s years list. Thank you.
SPIRITUAL COUNCIL meets this Tuesday evening at 7:30 in Room 125. Elder prayer meets at 7:00.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Everyone wants answers, including folk among the Erukula people in India. As we pray for the new believer among the Erukula and for the 12 Church Planters working among them, we want to ask the Lord to give them right, good, honest, and faithful answers to questions or accusations that may be raised. Psalm 119:41-42 provides a good model of such a prayer: May Your lovingkindness also come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to Your Word; So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your Word. Notice how the Psalmist says he will have an answer. Why? Because he trusts in God’s Word. So may Erukula Christians and so may southeastern PA Christians.
- Pray for the Tama people in Chad. Population 199,000, 100% Islam (mixed with animistic practices), 0.00% Christian. The Tama are located in an isolated region of Chad making transportation difficult. Some villages are only accessible by foot or donkey. They need wells for water and education for children. Among other things, pray that:
- that the Lord will call and open doors for Chad disciples to bring the gospel to the Tama people.
- for skills for disciples to learn the local language and for understanding of cross-cultural issues.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to soften hearts and prepare the way for the message of Jesus.
- Colossians 4:2-4 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.
THE YOUNG ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS welcomes Gary Filson for the month of February, he will be discussing Creation vs. Evolution. March is Missions Month and we will be joining other classes in the Fellowship Hall.
FLOWERING OPPORTUNITIES are still available to sponsor flowers in our sanctuary on particular Sundays in 2022. There are, in fact, nine such Sundays. You can see which ones are still available by checking out the Flower Chart on the narthex wall. Thanks for your help in filling in the remainder of the Flower Chart.
CONSISTORY meets this Wednesday evening at 7:30 in the Conference Room.
EACH WEEK THE YOUTH OF LEIDY’S CHURCH gather to share life, learn about the Lord, play games and have a generally great time. Youth Fellowship is in need of volunteers, especially needed are female volunteers, to come alongside our teens. If you have a passion for seeing the next generation come to know the Lord, please prayerfully consider helping. If you have any questions, or would like to help, please contact the church office or Pastor Michael.