- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- Ash Wednesday Service with meal this Wednesday in the Fellowship Hall. Meal starts at 5:45 and the service (with the Lord’s Supper) starts at 7:00.
- Issues & Answers continues to go through Understanding the Times. Like the chiefs of the sons of Issachar we need to understand the times and know what to do. Come and learn as we seek to apply all the Bible to all of life!
- There is a Next Steps information lunch after the worship service today in Room 211 for anyone who is interested in joining Leidy’s Church.
- As you partner with us in the work of the Kingdom, please place your gifts and offerings in the Get Connected pillars.
- Ladies of Leidy’s are having their Annual Pot Luck Dinner on Tuesday, March 7th at 6:30 in the Fellowship Hall. Please join us for a night of great food and warm fellowship. Sign up is on the wall in the lobby.
- SLMT-Puerto Rico Work Team One is now on-site and preparing for a week’s labor at the Haven of Hope facility. Remember them in your prayers. They will return this Saturday, the same day Work Team Two will arrive in Puerto Rico to continue with the work project.
- If you or someone you know is interested in being the Office Manager of Leidy’s Church, please contact email@example.com.
- Now is the time to consider what you would like to provide for the SLMT Auction that takes place in April. Read the February Newsletter for more details.
- The flowers are placed in loving memory of Jeff from the Bowman and Rittenhouse families.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
- Donna Frueh
- Janice Kulp
- Janie Inyang
- John Schilling
- Karen Focht
- Laurie Plank
- Marj Talbot
- Roger Jones
- Sandy Deer
- Sherman Focht
- Tim Cressman
- Terry Leidy
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Spiritual hunger is a good thing. Psalm 34:8 calls readers to taste and see that the Lord is good. One of the Beatitudes states that those who hunger and thirst after righteousness are blessed and shall be satisfied. Spiritual hunger does not mean that one is not well-fed spiritually. In fact, spiritual hunger is a mark of being well-fed spiritually. Remember Jesus’ rebuke to the Ephesian church in Rev. 2? He says they have lost their first love, that is, their spiritual hunger. As we pray for the Erukula Christians in India this week, let’s use Psalm 119:123. My eyes fail with longing for Your salvation and for Your righteous word. May they be as eager in seeking the Lord now as when they first believed. May they be utterly committed to studying and living by the Bible’s wisdom.
- Christians who are living embedded in Unreached People Groups [UPG] need much wisdom from the Lord Jesus. The countries of Chad and Niger each have committed Christians who are engaged in that type of living and ministry. They plan to stay in those UPGs for the foreseeable future, perhaps for the rest of their lives. Their intention is to share the message of Jesus Christ by word and deed, ultimately bringing forth fruit consisting of many new believers who become seasoned believers who establish churches where no church has ever been. We need to pray that the Holy Spirit will give them wisdom in what to say and when to say it. We also need to thank God for the call He has placed upon their lives and their positive response to it. Behold I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. [Matt. 10:16]
- March 30: OASIS Brunch
- April 2: Palm Sunday
- April 9: Easter Sunday
- April 22: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org