WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Ted Brunner, Jane Leidy 24th; Mabel Eisenhauer, Pam Gordon 26th; Sherry Moyer, Levi Smith 27th; Robert Frank, Parker Steve, Mitchell VanDerbeek 28th; Dotty Lahl, Doug Lindner, Rodney Shoemaker March 1st; Harvey Shoemaker 2nd.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Phil and Renee Shafer 26th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Forgiveness for a Guilty World.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Topical Bible Studies – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – God Is . . . the Names of God – Rm. 125
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
THE YOUNG ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS welcomes Gary Filson, he will be discussing Creation vs. Evolution. March is Missions Month and we will be joining other classes in the Fellowship Hall.
MEALS SIGNUP SHEET – Anyone who would like to participate in our meal ministry by providing an occasional meal for members of our Leidy’s Church family in 2022 should sign-up on the sheet provided in the narthex. Here’s how it works! When we see that someone requires a meal due to having a baby, an illness, or as a result of a hospital stay, Alice Kraus will call the names of those who sign up on a rotating basis to cook and deliver meals for them and their families. This is a one-year commitment only, so be sure to sign up for 2022 even if you were on last’s years list. Thank you.
EACH WEEK THE YOUTH OF LEIDY’S CHURCH gather to share life, learn about the Lord, play games and have a generally great time. Youth Fellowship is in need of volunteers, especially needed are female volunteers, to come alongside our teens. If you have a passion for seeing the next generation come to know the Lord, please prayerfully consider helping. If you have any questions, or would like to help, please contact the church office or Pastor Michael.
YOUTH RETREAT – Youth Fellowship will be going on a Spring Retreat at Harvey Cedars Bible Conference Center on March 18-20. We will dive deep into God’s Word, find the grace that He has revealed, and worship Him for all He continues to do in us and through us. If you are interested in going on the retreat (or sending your junior high and high school students on the retreat), please contact Pastor Michael and be on the look-out, because more details will follow.
THE FAMOUS LADIES OF LEIDY’S Potluck Dinner will be held on Tuesday evening March 1st at 6:00 in the Fellowship Hall. Look for the sign-up sheet posted in the narthex. Sign up and bring a dish to share and an appetite to taste the delicious foods. Come out to the meeting for a time of information and fellowship. All ladies are welcome to attend.
THE CHRISTIAN LIFE is full of ups, downs, twists, and turns. Praise the Lord that He holds us fast through it all! Just because the Lord holds us by His sovereign power, does not mean that the Christian life is easy to understand or live out. What is one area that you would like to grow in your understanding? Go on, take a minute and think. If something comes to mind, please write it on the slip provided in the bulletin and deposit it in the offering pillars at the back of the sanctuary.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- An earnest desire to pray is one of the marks of one growing as a disciple of the Lord Jesus. As God through the Holy Spirit continues to work among the Erukula people, we should pray each believer will enter into a lifetime pattern of faithful prayer. A verse from Psalm 119 that will help focus this for us is verse 147: I rise before dawn and cry for help; I wait for (hope in) Your words. As we know from experience(!), maintaining a faithful practice of prayer is not automatic, nor necessarily easy. Nonetheless, it is often in prayer that God sends His Word of comfort or direction or correction or insight that we need. So, let’s pray for the Erukula believers and the 12 Church Planters that they would grow in the practice of prayer – and may we grow likewise!
- The Annual Equipping Event is happening NOW in Niamey, Niger. Our Gospel Gleaning funds are helping provide the financial undergirding for this event. We need to pray that the Holy Spirit will be providing the transforming power and enduring faithfulness that will help each one attending to grow in their vision and passion to lead in the sending of missionaries to unreached people groups. Let us pray that many new churches will be planted which, in turn, will be the seed beds from which disciples will grow who in their turn will be missionaries to other unreached people groups. This event ends this Tuesday, so let’s pray for a safe return home for all who are present – something that’s not a given in that part of the world.
PEG MOWER would like to give thanks to all who sent her cards and prayed. She feels so blessed to have such a wonderful family and church family.
COLLECTION FOR NORTH CARE WOMEN’S CLINIC
Help us gather goods for the North Care Women’s Clinic! The Church & Community Committee will be collecting the following items to donate to the clinic throughout February & March. Please bring any of the following items to the table in the narthex if you’d like to help!
- Diapers (size Newborn only)
- Board books
- Sleepers (size 0-3 & 3-6 months; boys & girls)
- Baby towels and washcloths
- Baby wash
LEIDY’S CHURCH is the site again this year for the Living Word Mission Conference and Synod on Thursday, May 5th, through Saturday the 7th. They are seeking to hire some help with childcare, specifically afternoon on the 5th, between 8 am and 6 pm the 6th, and between 8 to 12:30 the 7th. Workers must be over 18 years of age and have PA Background checks completed. If interested, please email Phillip.firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE WOMEN’S MINISTRY of Leidy’s Church has planned a special event for Saturday, March 12th from 8:30 to noon. Julie Henning, who shared her story with our ladies in 2008, has agreed to share with our ladies once again. Breakfast with Julie will feature breakfast prepared for the ladies by Chef Tony and his crew, followed by some special music and a presentation by Julie. Sign-up either in the narthex or use the link provided in the Weekly Leidy’s newsletter. Friends are welcome!
RUMMAGE SORTING: Many times a month ladies come together and sort the rummage that has been placed in the Rummage Room. For the month of March the dates are: Tuesday, the 1st; Wednesday the 16th; and Wednesday the 30th. If you have any questions please see Alice Kraus.
THE SLMT AUCTION slated for April 30, 2022, is postponed for now, as more research of a mission project needs to be done, which may or may not come to fruition by this summer. In addition, we have some SLMT designated funds leftover from last year’s mission project. We are so grateful for our congregation’s ongoing support for the SLMT Auction that financially funds SLMT projects. We will notify you about any developments on a SLMT mission trip and auction as information becomes available.
NEWSLETTER articles for the March Newsletter are due in the office by Tuesday. Thank you.