WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Karen Alderfer, Reagan Hostelley 17th; Oscar Gregory, Shawnee Kehs, Lorraine Shoemaker 18th; John Leidy 19th; Owen Permar, Collin Radcliff 20th; Dylan Camuso, Corbin Hostelley, Shannon Kehs 21st; Tom Kraus 22nd.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Power Over a Frightening World. We live in a dangerous world and are surrounded by the threat of evil, sickness and death. But the Kingdom of God is here. God’s King has come with sovereign power to call a new humanity, defeat cosmic evil and restore a broken creation. Though we live in a frightening world as God’s people we are people of confident hope saved by a loving and powerful God!
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Topical Bible Studies – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – God Is . . . the Names of God – Rm. 125
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
FLOWERING OPPORTUNITIES are still available to sponsor flowers in our sanctuary on particular Sundays in 2022. There are, in fact, seven such Sundays. You can see which ones are still available by checking out the Flower Chart on the narthex wall. Thanks for your help in filling in the remainder of the Flower Chart.
MEALS SIGNUP SHEET – Anyone who would like to participate in our meal ministry by providing an occasional meal for members of our Leidy’s Church family in 2022 should sign-up on the sheet provided in the narthex. Here’s how it works! When we see that someone requires a meal due to having a baby, an illness, or as a result of a hospital stay, Alice Kraus will call the names of those who sign up on a rotating basis to cook and deliver meals for them and their families. This is a one-year commitment only, so be sure to sign up for 2022 even if you were on last’s years list. Thank you.
THE YOUNG ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS welcomes Gary Filson for the month of February, he will be discussing Creation vs. Evolution. March is Missions Month and we will be joining other classes in the Fellowship Hall.
JIM AND GENIE SMEDBERG wish to say thank you for all the prayers on her behalf. Genie felt it was very uplifting to have so many people reach out from their church family.
EACH WEEK THE YOUTH OF LEIDY’S CHURCH gather to share life, learn about the Lord, play games and have a generally great time. Youth Fellowship is in need of volunteers, especially needed are female volunteers, to come alongside our teens. If you have a passion for seeing the next generation come to know the Lord, please prayerfully consider helping. If you have any questions, or would like to help, please contact the church office or Pastor Michael.
YOUTH RETREAT – Youth Fellowship will be going on a Spring Retreat at Harvey Cedars Bible Conference Center on March 18-20. We will dive deep into God’s Word, find the grace that He has revealed, and worship Him for all He continues to do in us and through us. If you are interested in going on the retreat (or sending your junior high and high school students on the retreat), please contact Pastor Michael and be on the look-out, because more details will follow.
PATTERNS OF PRAYER take place the first and third Saturdays of each month. We pray in the morning from 10 to 12 in Rm. 117. Participants are welcome to come and go as schedules permit/necessitate. This Saturday is the third Saturday of February, so we’ll be praying and you’re welcome to join us. If you have any questions or suggestions for prayer, please speak with Patricia Martindell.
MEN’S BIBLE STUDY happens this Friday morning at 5:30 in the Youth Room. If you have any questions, see Dave Doran.
COLLECTION FOR NORTH CARE WOMEN’S CLINIC
Help us gather goods for the North Care Women’s Clinic! The Church & Community Committee will be collecting the following items to donate to the clinic throughout February & March. Please bring any of the following items to the table in the narthex if you’d like to help!
- Diapers (size Newborn only)
- Board books
- Sleepers (size 0-3 & 3-6 months; boys & girls)
- Baby towels and washcloths
- Baby wash
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Delight in God’s Word is foundational for followers of the Lord Jesus. The new Christians among the Erukula people need to foster such delight. Part of the task of those twelve Church Planters will be to model such delight as well as calling all believers to experience the same delight. Hence a good verse for our prayer focus this week is Psalm 119:97. O how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day. May the Erukula believers, and may the Leidy’s Church believers, take time to consider what a blessing God’s Word is, give thanks to Him for it, and let it be the foundation from which spring the thoughts and actions of their lives.
- This Friday through the following Tuesday [Feb. 18-22] Global Disciples will be conducting an Annual Equipping event in Niamey, Niger. Leidy’s Church’s Gospel Gleaning funds is providing the financial undergirding for this event. Bringing together key leaders and program directors for further training and encouragement, it is our prayer that these leaders will grow in their vision and passion to lead in the sending of missionaries to unreached people groups. From this meeting, we also pray that many new churches will be planted which, in turn, will be the seed beds from which disciples grow who are ready to be missionaries to other unreached people groups.
THE CHRISTIAN LIFE is full of ups, downs, twists, and turns. Praise the Lord that He holds us fast through it all! Just because the Lord holds us by His sovereign power, does not mean that the Christian life is easy to understand or live out. What is one area that you would like to grow in your understanding? Go on, take a minute and think. If something comes to mind, please write it on the slip provided in the bulletin and deposit it in the offering pillars at the back of the sanctuary.
THE WOMEN’S MINISTRY of Leidy’s Church has planned a special event for Saturday, March 12th from 8:30 to noon. Julie Henning, who shared her story with our ladies in 2008, has agreed to share with our ladies once again. Breakfast with Julie will feature breakfast prepared for the ladies by Chef Tony and his crew, followed by some special music and a presentation by Julie. Sign-up either in the narthex or use the link provided in the Weekly Leidy’s newsletter. Friends are welcome!
MISSION COMMITTEE meets this Wednesday evening at 7:00 in the Conference Room.
THE FAMOUS LADIES OF LEIDY’S Potluck Dinner will be held on Tuesday evening March 1st at 6:00 in the Fellowship Hall. Look for the sign-up sheet posted in the narthex. Sign up and bring a dish to share and an appetite to taste the delicious foods. Come out to the meeting for a time of information and fellowship. All ladies are welcome to attend.