- If you are new here and would like to know more about Jesus, Leidy’s Church, and how to get connected. Please fill out the Get Connected Card and put it in the Get Connected box on the left-hand side of the doors when you leave.
- Our sincere Christian sympathy to Dotty Lahl and family at the death of her husband Jim. May God be with them at this time.
- Issues & Answers continues to go through Understanding the Times. Like the chiefs of the sons of Issachar we need to understand the times and know what to do. Come and learn as we seek to apply all the Bible to all of life!
- There is a Next Steps information lunch next Sunday in Room 211 for anyone who is interested in joining Leidy’s Church.
- As you partner with us in the work of the Kingdom, please place your gifts and offerings in the Get Connected pillars.
- Ladies of Leidy’s are having their Annual Pot Luck Dinner on Tuesday, March 7th at 6:30 in the Fellowship Hall. Please join us for a night of great food and warm fellowship. Sign up is on the wall in the lobby.
- If you or someone you know is interested in being the Office Manager of Leidy’s Church, please contact email@example.com.
- Now is the time to consider what you would like to provide for the SLMT Auction that takes place in April. Read the February Newsletter for more details.
- SLMT Puerto Rico team members will meet in the Fellowship Hall today immediately after the service of worship. Final details of the trips will be shared.
- A huge thank you to all the volunteers who helped to make the Night to Shine a wonderful event!
- The flowers are placed by Peter and Bonnie Smith in honor of the blessing of 31 years of marriage.
Please pray for those within our church family who are recovering.
- Bonnie Doran
- Donna Frueh
- Janice Kulp
- Janie Inyang
- Jim Pluda
- Karen Focht
- Laurie Plank
- Marj Talbot
- Sandy Deer
- Sherman Focht
- Tim Cressman
- Terry Leidy
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good. That’s the instruction we receive in Roman 12:9. In Psalm 97:10 we are told Hate evil you who love the Lord. It is easy for Christians to find sin attractive. That is as true for the Erukula believers as it is for us. This week as we pray for the Erukula people, let’s use Psalm 119:53 to inform our prayers: Burning indignation has seized me because of the wicked, who forsake Your law. May the minds and hearts of the Erukula Christians be so devoted to the Lord and His Word that sin is not attractive, but abhorrent. That is an effect of loving the Lord. May it be true in our lives as well.
- Joyful praise is a hallmark of the Christian life. Believers in Niger and Chad need to experience and give expression to joyful praise in their individual lives and in their church life. As we pray for the ongoing outreach of Christians from Chad and Niger who are living among unreached people groups, let’s pray for the joy of the Lord to be their strength and that they will find appropriate ways to express it even in the midst of a culture that may be hostile to Christianity. We also should pray for Tim Bentch who has led worship training seminars in Rwanda and this week will be leading a worship seminar in Ethiopia. Those seminar are intended to help believers experience and express their love for God and thankfulness for all His blessings. The joy of the Lord is your strength. [Neh. 8:10]
- February 22: Ash Wednesday
- March 30: OASIS Brunch
- April 2: Palm Sunday
- April 9: Easter Sunday
- April 22: SLMT Auction
Sign up for the Leidy’s Weekly Newsletter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.leidyschurch.org