WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Matt Connor, Denise Kulp, Karen Mirabella, Steve Myers, David Reich 9th; Derek Freed, Stephen Tyson 10th; Brent Talbot, Jr. 12th; Joyce Anders, Noah Kulp 13th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Know and Love God? Obey His Word! Most people you come in contact with today would tell you that they know God exists, and if they had any Christian roots, they would tell you that they love God too. However, if you pressed further about what they know of God and how they demonstrate love for God, your conversation might come to a respectful end. In order for us to know and love God we must know, love, and obey Christ as revealed in His Word. This is a proven truth we all must heed.
THE CANDLE OF JOY is lighted on the Advent Wreath today. The angel told the shepherds he brought good news of great joy which would be for all people. The good news being that the Savior was born. One cannot and should not consider the birth of the Son of God apart from the joy He brings into the lives of real people by His work of redemption.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Issues & Answers – Romans – Fellowship Hall
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Does God Exist? Focus on the Family – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – Rm. 125
THE FLOWER CHART FOR 2022 is posted on the wall in the narthex for those who would like to sponsor flowers for our sanctuary. The chart will be posted until the end of December.
SPIRITUAL COUNCIL meets this Tuesday evening at 7:30 in Room 125. Elder prayer meets at 7:00.
A MONUMENTAL MOVE is on the horizon for Pastor Tony Jones and his family. The logistics and costs of moving from the UK to the USA are major indeed. To help alleviate the cost of this trans-Atlantic move, we are asking the congregation to make contributions to the Jones Moving Fund. Please place your donation in a Second Mile Envelope and designate it to the “Jones Moving Fund.”
SIGN-UP SHEETS are on a table outside the sanctuary to sign up for the 2022 Committees of consistory. Read over the responsibilities of each committee and prayerfully consider where you might best serve the Lord and Leidy’s Church.
FOR ALMOST 25 YEARS…Sonshine Players has been an outlet for children, youth and adults to share the Gospel through song and story. Finally, after our 2019 performance was derailed…we are thrilled to announce that WE’RE BACK! Faith News is a musical that highlights people of great faith throughout the ages, so we are in need of news reporters, Bible characters and a (heavenly) host of angels! Even if you weren’t part of the 2019 rehearsals…we still need YOU! This is open to anyone…not just members of iBlast or Grace Notes…so your grandchildren or your children’s friends are all welcome! Join us for the Reunion/Kick-off Party this Saturday at 10:00 am in Room 123. See Donna Frueh or Laurie Plank for more info!
CONSISTORY meets this Wednesday evening at 7:30 in the Conference Room.
CHRISTMAS CAROLING takes place next Sunday, December 12th. Sign-up form to register for caroling are on the Welcome Desk. The completed form may be placed in the basket provided on the Welcome Desk. You may also use the form to make suggestions for persons or homes to put on our caroling list. Feel welcome to join in spreading Christmas cheer! Presently we do not have enough volunteers, if you were planning to sign-up, please do so, today is the final day.
A CONGREGATIONAL MEETING takes place immediately after the worship service today. The purpose of the meeting is to elect a consistory man for the 2022-2024 term. The person nominated is Dana Gehman.
MAGIC HAS HAPPENED AGAIN to the welcoming decorations outside our main entrance. We are thankful for the beautiful, thoughtful design of those decorations that remind us of the goodness of God and the joy that comes from being part of His people. There are strong indications the magic wand producing these decorations is deftly utilized by the hand of Karen Mirabella, so kudos to her.
IN AN EFFORT TO IMPROVE communication within the Leidy’s Church family, the office staff (with the assistance of some very talented volunteers) is exploring the possibility of sending out a weekly email which would highlight upcoming events and reminders of deadlines and provide links to sign up to attend or volunteer to help at special events. If you have changed your email or have not shared it with the office, please either make note of it on the pew pad or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
GATHERING FOR CAROLING will happen next Sunday. Christmas carolers will gather in the Fellowship Hall to pray together and receive routes for singing Christmas carols to many of our shut-ins and those recently have been hospitalized. Carolers need to dress appropriate for wintry conditions, since some singing venues will be done outside. Christmas treats and food will await us on our arrival back to the church.
POINSETTIA PLANTS to beautify our sanctuary for the Christmas season may be ordered beginning today. Plants may be placed in memory or in honor of someone. The cost of the plants this year will be $16. Someone will be in the narthex after Sunday School and the service to take your order.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Intimidation is a favorite and effective tool of the devil. He uses it to silence or tamp down the willingness of believers to speak forth the basic truths of the gospel and how they apply to life. We can be certain the devil and those he controls or influences will seek to intimidate the new believers among the Erukula people in India. Likewise, he will roar like a lion to frighten the 12 church planters now ministering among the Erukula. As we pray for the Erukula believers and for the church planters in their midst, it would not be amiss to use the words of Psalm 119:13, asking the Holy Spirit to make them true for believers and church planters. Here’s what that verse says: With my lips I have told of all the ordinances of Your mouth. May our lips be faithful as well!
- Significant training and planning have taken place in Chad and Niger over the past couple of months. We need to join in asking the Lord to strengthen and uphold the seven leaders who completed the Global Disciples Training Director’s Training in Niger in October, the ten leaders who completed the Small Business Development Director’s Training in Chad also in October, and the seven leaders who completed the LEAD Directors training for Chad/Niger in November. Pray that the Lord will give courage and perseverance to these leaders who will start 17 new training programs in the coming year. We also need to pray for continuing courage, strength, and wisdom for Daniel* in Niger and Sam* in Chad who serve on the staff of Global Disciples mentoring and coaching (that is to say, pastoring!) the emerging leaders.
THE PENN VIEW BRASS BAND will be performing at Leidy’s Church next Sunday at 7:00 p.m. The British-style brass band will perform seasonal favorites, classics, popular tunes and well-known Christmas carols. The audience will be invited to sing along. Admission is free but a free-will offering will be taken.
GRACE NOTES CHOIR PARENTS: Don’t forget the short rehearsal this Wednesday night at 7:30 in Room 120. Please practice the song using the words that were in your church mailbox! The only other practice will be next Sunday morning at 8:30am (we will be finished before Sunday School). Thanks in advance!
THANK YOU to all who participated in the Christmas Parade, we pray that those individuals who attended would be touched by the true meaning of the season, and that God would be glorified.