WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Steve Bandura, Ally Hager 24th; Debbie Bandura, Patricia Martindell 27th; Sue Lindner 28th; Carol Curcio, Joyce Derstine, Carol Godshall 29th.
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! John and Elaine Greene, Ken and Nicole Peck 27th; Jeff and Lori Maxwell 28th; Ray and Beverly Dettra 29th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Live in Purity as Beloved Children of God. The truth that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary cannot be overlooked or overstated; for the incarnation of the Son of God is contingent on the miraculous truth that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary and born a man. Jesus’ sinless life, sacrificial atoning death on a cross, and resurrection from death, all point to the salvation of His people. Believers in Christ are called to live in newness of life. Let us see how crucial this is for life now and for eternity.
THE FOURTH CANDLE on the Advent Wreath is the candle of Love. The advent of the Christ child is God’s eternal love reaching redemptively into the daily, grimy, fallen life of mankind. It was the love of God that planned and brought to pass the coming of Jesus into our world and, ultimately, into our personal lives.
A FAMILY CHRISTMAS EVE worship service begins at 7:00. Pre-service music will begin at 6:30. The Christmas songs will convey our gratefulness to God for sending us the greatest gift of His Son, Jesus. We will close our worship service by serving Holy Communion followed by the lighting of our candles and the singing of Silent Night.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL OPTIONS:
- Issues & Answers – Romans – Fellowship Hall
- Pastor Steve’s Bible Class – Gospel of John – Rm. 211
- Young Adults – Does God Exist? Focus on the Family – Rm. 111
- Women’s Sunday School – Rm. 125
- Parents, Kids, & Other Matters of Importance – Youth Room
THE FLOWER CHART FOR 2022 is posted on the wall in the narthex for those who would like to sponsor flowers for our sanctuary. The chart will be posted for a few more weeks.
A MONUMENTAL MOVE is on the horizon for Pastor Tony Jones and his family. The logistics and costs of moving from the UK to the USA are major indeed. To help alleviate the cost of this trans-Atlantic move, we are asking the congregation to make contributions to the Jones Moving Fund. Please place your donation in a Second Mile Envelope and designate it to the “Jones Moving Fund.”
SIGN-UP SHEETS are on a table outside the sanctuary to sign up for the 2022 Committees of consistory. Read over the responsibilities of each committee and prayerfully consider where you might best serve the Lord and Leidy’s Church.
IN AN EFFORT TO IMPROVE communication within the Leidy’s Church family, the office staff (with the assistance of some very talented volunteers) is exploring the possibility of sending out a weekly email which would highlight upcoming events and reminders of deadlines and provide links to sign up to attend or volunteer to help at special events. If you have changed your email or have not shared it with the office, please either make note of it on the pew pad or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 8th from 1-4pm, Bethesda ministry will be holding an online SPLASH Seminar on Zoom. This seminar is designed to educate, encourage, and equip the Church to disciple people with special needs. The seminar is free. This seminar is for: Pastors, Church leaders, Volunteers, Family members and caregivers of people affected by disabilities. To register follow this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bethesda-splash-seminar-tickets-183645266937. For questions, contact Lorraine Reich.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- Christmas is the time for gift giving and gift receiving. During the past couple of years the Erukula people have received the great gift of God’s incarnate Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. They have learned to read the Bible, the word of God. It is a blessed thing that God has done. As we pray for them this week, let’s use Psalm 119:11 as a springboard for our prayers. Here’s what it says: Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I might not sin against You. May they treasure God’s Word, store it in their hearts, and allow it to transform their minds and their ways of living. Likewise, may the 12 church planters working among them treasure God’s Word even as they share it. Finally, may you and I give thanks to God for sending His Word into our hearts and lives; let us learn to treasure it and to live it.
- It’s Christmas season even in Chad and Niger. Though the vast majority of folk in Chad and Niger are not much interested in Christmas – even if they know it exists – there is a vibrant, small group of folk who do know: Christians, especially those working with Global Disciples! As we pray for them during this time, let’s pray they will have many opportunities to share the good news of Jesus during the Christmas season. Ask the Lord Jesus to show them innovative ways to share the love of Christ in restricted areas where persecution threatens. As always, pray for their safety from persecution, and for their resolute faithfulness in the midst of persecution should it arise.
MANY THANKS TO GOSPEL GLEANING participants over the past two years. Our daily dollars have provided for ongoing gospel ministry for the next two years in India as well as in Chad and Niger. The Mission Committee has no plan for another program to be underwritten in the coming year through daily dollar giving. But, we as a congregation are committed to praying for the next two years for the ministries in India and Africa that our daily dollars have launched. We’ll continue to have weekly Gospel Gleaning Prayer Pointers to help focus our prayers. But right now, we want to thank God for allowing us to contribute more than $65,000 over the past two years simply by many of us giving one dollar each day! Thank you to all who have contributed!
IF YOU ARE THE TREASURER of an organization within the church, your financial information should be turned into the office by December 31st, if possible, and in no event later than January 10th.
MARCH FOR LIFE 2022 takes place on Friday, January 21st. Leidy’s Church will have a Perkiomen coach taking folk down. Cost is $15 per person. The bus will leave the Leidy’s Church parking lot at 6 a.m. and usually returns between 8:30 and 9 in the evening. A sign-up sheet is posted in the narthex. Youth under 18 years of age must have a responsible adult assigned with them.
OFFERING ENVELOPES for 2022 are in mailboxes in the narthex. If you would like a box of envelopes but didn’t get one, please contact the church office. If you do not have a mailbox and you requested envelopes, you may pick them up in the office.
WANTED: actors and actresses… adult or teen to round out the cast of the spring musical Faith News. Rehearsals would be an occasional Saturday morning, production is the last weekend in March. Singing and/or acting ability would be helpful…but not a dealbreaker! Many of our adult Sonshine Players have gone on to fame and fortune (remember the Supreme Court Justices?) so this could be your big break! This is a great opportunity to help our young people share the gospel through our production. Contact Donna Frueh for details.