- Join us for our Good Friday communion service on Friday, April 15th at 7pm and for Easter Breakfast on Easter Sunday morning at 8-9:30 in the Fellowship Hall.
- Vacation Bible School for kids age Kindergarten thru 5th Grade runs from June 20 to June 24. Further details on the welcome desk or from Pastor Michael.
- Plans are developing to start a new Classical Christian School at Immanuel Leidy’s Church. Further information from the Church Office.
- Easter Lily forms are on the Welcome Desk to sponsor a plant on Easter Sunday. These plants may be placed in memoryor in honor of someone. The cost of each plant is $8. Please leave your slip at the Welcome Desk.
- Flowers this morning are placed by Mark and Sharon Kostishion in memory of Sharon’s cousin Steve Moyer. May he be at peace in the house of the Lord.
- Young Adult Sunday School has begun an eight week study on Spiritual Gifts in room 111, and Issues & Answers runs from April 10 with Ray Vander, Faith Lesson – Jerry Kulp; from April 17.
- We will sing the Hallelujah Chorus on Easter morning. Everyone who has ever sung this in the past (whether at Leidy’s or elsewhere) is welcome to join. The practice is at 8pm on Wednesday 4/13. Please see Nancy VanDerbeek or Gary Filson is you have any questions.
- Ladies of Leidy’s meets this Tuesday evening at 7:00 in Rm. 123 when Ed and Mary Tornetta will speak about their ministry, Hands In Service which fosters alliances among charitable organizations to distribute supplies and resources for individuals and communities in need.
- If anyone is in need of furniture which is dated but in excellent condition, please check the photos posted on the bulletin board in the narthex and contact Joy Myers at 215-721-1988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please pray for those within our church family who are sick and suffering.
GOSPEL GLEANING PRAYER POINTERS
- It is a blessed thing to walk in the law of the Lord. That’s what we’re taught in Psalm 119:1. Here’s what it says: How blessed are those whose way is blameless, Who walk in the law of the Lord. As we pray each day for the 12 Church Planters who are ministering among the Erukula people, let’s pray they will experience the truth and blessedness of that verse. As those men go about from day to day, they will encounter all sorts of situations that demand what Oswald Chambers calls spontaneous moral originality. What Oswald means is learning how to walk in, that is, apply in the daily exigencies of life, the truths of the Bible. Of course, one must spend time reading the Word and putting it into one’s head and heart. Then, at the unexpected moment, the Holy Spirit tells how it applies in this particular moment. Let’s ask the Lord to bring this blessed reality to pass in the Church Planters – and in us!
- The next month will be crucial in Chad and Niger. Ramadan began last evening (April 2) at sundown. It continues through sundown on the evening of May 1. Because it is a holy time for Muslim peoples, it can be more difficult for Christians living among them. That is especially true for Christians who are seeking to share the Gospel with others, which is what the churches working with Global Disciples in those lands seek to do. As we pray daily for those churches, let’s pray for deep sensitivity on their part and on the part of the folk around them. As Muslims seek God during Ramadan, may they find the Lord Jesus. We can pray for the Holy Spirit to providentially connect seeking Muslims with ready-to-share Christians, thus bringing about the blessing of regeneration in the lives of many.
BIRTHDAYS & ANNIVERSARIES
- Brody Kinney, Evangeline Smith 7th; Ron Malone 8th; Bob Hager, Ben Weber 9th, Maikil Yagilnicky 10th; Mary Ellen Gruver, Ron Moyer, Greg Nase 11th; Brian Radcliff, Joan Radcliff 13th.