WITHIN THE FELLOWSHIP:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Betty Curry, Naomi Nowling, John Pavie 16th; Martha DeFrancesco, Les Pross, Aleks Yagilnicky 17th; Ava Permar 18th; Verna Bowman, Sue Landis 19th; Jean Frederick 20th; Jenn Malone 21st.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Clyde and Sandy Derstine 17th.
THE SERMON TITLE this morning is Victory in Jesus. God’s people have experienced many victories over thousands of years, from Genesis to the present day. Two stand out from all the rest. The Red Sea victory and the Garden Tomb triumph. The one was the best foreshadowing of the other! Those victories are front and center in the minds of the saints in heaven as they stand on a crystal sea before the throne of God. With the harps of God for accompaniment, they sing the Song of Moses and the Song of the Lamb. It’s one song. All victories for one side are defeats for the other side. There is a stark reminder of that as this song is sung.
THE CONFIRMATION CLASS will meet on Monday evening at 7:30 via Zoom. If you are a member of the class and did not receive an invitation, let Pastor Niederhaus know ASAP so you can join in all the fun!
PRAYER-POINTERS. Here are two prayer points for this week as we pray for the Gospel Gleanings outreach to the Erukulu people:
- Pray for God to protect the Erukulu people as the Coronavirus spreads through India, that they would take necessary actions to limit its spread, and that He would continue to prepare them to receive the Gospel. So far 346 positive cases have been reported in the state of Andhra Pradesh, the state in which the Erukulu live.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to protect and keep safe the India Bible Literature personnel taking the gospel to unreached people groups in India; also, for all the IBL staff and the partner churches throughout India who carry out the ministry. The IBL offices are currently shut down and it is not known when they will re-open.
FROZEN PRE-COOKED MEALS are available from the church. They consist of a variety of casseroles: chicken, stuffed pepper, chili, etc. If this would be a help to you or someone you know, call the church office to arrange a pick-up time.
THIRTY PIECES OF SILVER offering is being received. Those offerings should come to the church via mail or by personal drop-off. Our on-line service is not yet set up for designated giving. This year’s Thirty Pieces Offering will help provide a new roof for the Morning Star maternity home in Souderton.
THE APRIL CALENDAR IS KAPUT! Governor Wolf has extended the Shelter in Place mandate through the end of April. Here’s what that means for Leidy’s Church:
- Sunday School and Sunday Worship services are suspended.
- Worship services will be livestreamed. Worship begins at 10am, but livestreaming will begin at 9:30.
- All normal meetings and activities are suspended.
- The SLMT Auction is suspended.
- The church office is open M-F from 9 to 4:30. If you come to the office, please sanitize your hands upon entering and again as you make your way out.
- Some Committees and Small Groups are meeting via Zoom or Skype or some other remote means.
- Daily devotional thoughts are posted on our webpage and on our Facebook page.
- Pastor Steve’s SS Class has each week’s lesson pre-recorded and available on our Facebook page.
- Pastor Michael has SS lessons pre-recorded and are also available on our Facebook page.
SPECIAL THANKS to the music and A/V personnel who continue to work hard to make our service happen – and to make it available online. Today Curt Lockman is providing his expertise on the timpani drums. All this work of ministry is deeply appreciated.
THANK YOU TO ALL who have continued to make financial contributions even though we are not gathered as a congregation and have no formal Offering time! We do need ongoing support to pay our various ongoing bills. Online giving has been utilized by some. Others have “mailed it in” and really done so! A few have stopped by the church office and chatted with our office personnel while dropping off their tithes and offerings. To all, we say: Thank You very much!